Search threads you have read and answered to? Bad search engine!

DarthTengil

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
Hi Tom! I want from inside my profile page be able to track down every single thread I have read and answered at, and not just being able to see the most resent threads I have started and "answered" by myself! Example: Yesterday I spent many hours trying to help and give feedback to a newcomers thread to help solving his questions, but forgot the name of the thread and the name of the user, now I just cant find it anywhere in the forums! It should be easy for you to give us members that possibillity as an integrated tool. Further your search engine is everything else than intelligent and easy to use. When searching for example my own user name in your search field I get up search results thats about everything else than what I am looking for. The same is when searching for say "how to build a PC", you get up every single search hit that contains those 5 words, regardless of in which context its in. To make it even more worse the engine blend the hits in every possible category like news, forum, articles etc. Please make your search engines way more intelligent and easy to use!!!

DarthTengil

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
Still no reply from ANY moderator? By now you should have noticed my messege. But its maybe too disagreeable and unpleasant to speak of...? Come on Tom, you can do better!!! What do you other members think of my thoughts?

Any chance the OP deleted the topic? That could be one reason you might not find a topic.

Or it might be in the CPU & Components section?
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/330756-28-bios-warning-cpu1-failure
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/330827-28-local-disk

DarthTengil

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009

Thank you very much! This feature should be listed in the forum home top page AND be placed/nailed next to the "big" search field on your start home page for better and faster search feautures, at least by now if your planing to later integrate it into the whole search engine :wahoo: ;)
At last something to bounce at :bounce:

Want to give you points but are waiting in case this thread would evolve even further so it dont get locked right now :)