AVerMedia HD DVR Trouble

chaosmachine420

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
I just installed the card on my new motherboard into a PCI-E 2.0 since the PCI-E slot is too short but I cant get the card to be recognized by the AVerMedia's program. My motherboard is Gigabyte GA-P55-UD6 and would like to know if have to reseat the card or do i have to change the slot its in to the top one and maybe bend the board just a bit to get it to fit. I have the card int he second PCI-E 2.0 slot because the first one is holding my graphics card.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Ideally, you'd want to install the card into a PCI-Ex1 slot, but from the sounds of it, you can't install it in the top PCI-Ex1 slot because there is a heat sink in the way. You cannot install it into the second PCI-Ex1 slot, I'm guessing, because the graphics card heat sink/fan assembly covers it.

You have it in the second PCI-Ex16 slot, but it's not being recognized, therefore your only real solution is to install it into the bottom PCI-Ex16 (x4) slot and hope it get's recognized there.

There isn't anything else to do at this point but try it.

-Wolf sends

chaosmachine420

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
I was just making sure nothing else I could do since I don't like opening my case then because of the fan connection cable. It did indeed work with the last pcie slot. Thank you for your help.