Question about motherboard mounting in 500r case

In my Corsair 500r, the bottom six copper stand-offs for mounting an ATX motherboard are already installed. The top three holes are more like weird-looking indents from the case. The case came with four stand-offs in a small bag: do I need to screw them into the top three holes (which are already sticking out as much as the other stand-offs)? If not, why would it come with extras?
3 answers Last reply
More about question motherboard mounting 500r case
  1. Mr_____ said:
    In my Corsair 500r, the bottom six copper stand-offs for mounting an ATX motherboard are already installed. The top three holes are more like weird-looking indents from the case. The case came with four stand-offs in a small bag: do I need to screw them into the top three holes (which are already sticking out as much as the other stand-offs)? If not, why would it come with extras?

SPARES
  2. It's hard to tell from the pic on Newegg, but when you put the board in place, you should be able to tell if it is laying against the 'weird-looking indents' or if you need standoffs. I'm betting you need the standoffs. The 4 extras are for 3 for the top holes and 1 for the odd mATX hole in the middle (if you use that one).
  3. The extras do seem to just be extras: the motherboard lays flat without any extra stand-offs. It's odd that the top three are different. clutchc, you're guess is the same as mine, but it doesn't seem to be true.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Cases Motherboards Components