Your opinion about my new computer

Q8Xbox

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
Hello,

I have build a new computer and i want you opinion about it. I'm using this computer for littel Gaming and a lot of Video Encoding:
Motherboard: Asus P8Z68 DELUXE/GEN3
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-2600K Processor (8M Cache, up to 3.80 GHz)
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460
Memory: Vengeance® — 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory Kit ( 4 x 4GB)
1st HDD: Corsair Force Series™ 3 60GB SATA 3 6Gb/s Solid-State Hard Drive (For Operating System & Programs)
2nd HDD: Western Digital 1T SATA Hard Disk (For Data only)
CD / DVD Burners: LG 22X DVD±R DVD Burner SATA
PSU: GIGABYTE GreenMax 750W
Case: SAMA S1B Gaming Case
Screen: Samsung S24A350H 24" LED
Sound System: Creative SBS A300 2.1 Speakers
Keyboard & Mouse: Microsoft Wireless Desktop 3000

Best Regards,
Q8Xbox

D

Deleted member 217926

That Gigabyte power supply is made by AcBel Polytech and they are not known for quality. I would replace it with something decent from Corsair, Seasonic, PC Power and Cooling, XFX, Silverstone, Enermax, OCZ or Antec.

I kept my GTX 460 1GB from my old E8400 build and it still lets me max most games at 1920 x 1080. I don't really play any FPS games though.

That's probably why I never heard of it. And yes I do support your choice of PSU brands. I am a Corsair guy.

Q8Xbox

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
Thanks guys for your suggestions. I really don't care about Graphics Card that much since i will replace the Motherboard with the newest one Asus P8Z77 Deluxe which has build-in Graphics Card and I think this will give me better performance with GeForce GTX 460 :) . I will defently replace my PSU with Corsair Professional Series™ Gold AX750.

Best Regards,
Q8Xbox

lothdk

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010

With your setup a quality PSU of 500W would be plenty, so unless you know you will be upgrading, there would be money to save going with a less powerful PSU than the Corsair AX 750 (great PSU).

A 60 GB SSD might be on the low side for OS + applications.
Do take a look at your current setup and see how much you are actually using.

D

Deleted member 217926

You only need a 750w power supply if you plan on running 2 cards in Sli. Any single graphics card including the GTX 580 and GTX 680 will run fine with a quality 550w power supply. Since newer generation cards use less power than older generation cards do as long as you only plan on running a single card then 550-600 watts will give you all the headroom in the world for whatever card you want as well as overclocking the whole system.

occupant

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2009
Antec's Neo Eco 620w is a nice compromise between 500-550w units and the typically over $100 700w+ units. It's usually $69 or less and not even on sale it's that cheap. A NewEgg Shell Shocker deal got me mine for $55 shipped back in October 2011. I just put it in last month.

Q8Xbox

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
Thanks guys for all the information you give it to me. I will go with CORSAIR Gaming Series GS600 600W. I plan to buy Force Series GT 240GB SATA 3 6Gb/s & Asus P8Z77 Deluxe next week. How about buy CPU Air Cooler ?! and Which one of this Cooler is good for me Cooler Master X6 or Corsair Hydro Series H100 ?!

lothdk

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010

That is a nice motherboard but, are you sure you need it, what options on it do you need?
From your describtion it sounds like both the Pro and LE version of the motherboard would suit you.

Thirdparty CPU cooling can become a heated (pun intended) subject.
First off, you list your choice of ram as Corsair Vengeance, do get the low profile ones so as not to interfere with an air cooler.

Before offering suggestions as to what air coolers might be right for you, please let us know to which limit you would push your CPU and how much noise would be ok to you, subjectively.

Sandy Bridge CPUs run cool and do not need much cooling to reach a high overclock, but to get those last 200-600 Hz from about 4.4 GHz you need to up the voltage and that is when they do get hot and the coolers differ in how much noise they generate.

If you are not looking to get a max overclock (luck of CPU draw limiting your potential overclock) a Corsair H100 might be a rather expensive one to get, also, the best air coolers are just as effecient as the Corsair H100 while producing less noise.

Q8Xbox

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
Is that mean Asus Pro & LE in Gaming and espitionally for Video Encoding better than Asus Deluxe...?! Is it true that Motherboard which don't have build-in Graphics Card better than Motherboard that have build-in Graphics Card like Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/GEN3 & Asus P8Z77 Deluxe...?!

You the only think i need for CPU Cooling is the CPU Air Cooling that comes with the CPU it self. right...?!
I don't like noise at all but less noise will be good for me...

Best Regards,
Q8Xbox

Generally, higher end motherboards do not have integrated graphics. People buy Graphics cards of their choice from the several available.

And for better performance usually an after-market heatsink is used; not the one that comes with the CPU.

occupant

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2009
FYI Today's Shell Shocker is nothing less than that Antec Neo Eco 620w PSU for the same $54.99 I paid for it AND THEN there is a $20 MFR rebate.

edit: I think I'll pick one up for a spare...

Good price, good quality! Thanks for your tip. I ordered one. Still waiting for my shell shocker email.