Voltage Issues with PSU

FlatBlackXD

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2012
I posted this, http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/343871-28-random-restarts , two days ago and the problem seemed to fix itself temporarily(no problems so far), when I removed my second HD 6870 from my mobo.

After kind of being annoyed about not being able to use my third monitor, and wanting to see if the problems still occurred, I reinstalled my second HD 6870 to see if the voltage issues "came back." So far after being up and running for about 30 minutes, the voltages on the +3V is 3.26V, the +5V is 4.85V and the +12V is at 11.82V. All of these voltages were pretty much identical to what they were without the second HD 6870. The only thing that is changed from when I was seeing just below and sometimes above 14V on the +12, is that the side fan, that I installed months ago, is not currently plugged in.

I am kind of confused on what happened. Whether it be that sometime with the connection to the side case fan caused over-voltages or if my PSU is just faulty and the problem will eventually come back? Either way, I currently have Corsair cross-shipping me a new TX 850W Enthusiast Series so I can lay my issues to rest about my PSU being possibly being faulty.

Any ideas?