AH GRASSHOPPER, IT'S THE 20D!!!

Last response: in Digital Camera
June 26, 2005 11:29:04 PM

Give me a grasshopper, a 20D and the MP-E Macro
lens and I can have an enjoyable evening.

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/45349634
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/45349635
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/45349636
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/45349637

More about : grasshopper 20d

Anonymous
June 27, 2005 8:11:32 AM

"Annika1980" <annika1980@aol.com> wrote in message
> Give me a grasshopper, a 20D and the MP-E Macro
> lens and I can have an enjoyable evening.
>
> http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/45349634
> http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/45349635
> http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/45349636
> http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/45349637

Sweet, just out of curiosity, how far away are you from the bug?
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 11:04:33 AM

>very nice, why does this grasshopper have yellow eyes?
>I thought they had green.(In german grasshopper=Heuschrecke)

I don't know. This one had eyes that were yellow on top and green down
below.
It was still daylight when I took the pics so maybe they change color
at night?
Just a guess.
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 5:31:03 PM

>Very nice! Can you give as many details as you can about how these shots
>were lit?

I've described my rig in previous posts. It's pretty simple.
The 20D is mounted on a Stroboframe quick-flip bracket
along with the 550EX flash. The flash is covered with the
Lumiquest softbox and is either flipped down or sometimes
handheld, connected via the off-shoe camera cord.
Most of the grasshopper shots were taken by holding the 20D
in one hand and the flash in the other. This way I can experiment
with the light above or even below the subject.
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 5:57:14 PM

"Annika1980" <annika1980@aol.com> wrote in message
> Give me a grasshopper, a 20D and the MP-E Macro
> lens and I can have an enjoyable evening.
>
> http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/45349634
> http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/45349635
> http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/45349636
> http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/45349637

Very nice! Can you give as many details as you can about how these shots
were lit?
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 7:28:30 PM

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
dimtzort AT otenet DOT gr
? "Annika1980" <annika1980@aol.com> ?????? ??? ??????
> Give me a grasshopper, a 20D and the MP-E Macro
> lens and I can have an enjoyable evening.
>
> http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/45349634
> http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/45349635
> http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/45349636
> http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/45349637

Anonymous
June 28, 2005 4:01:53 PM

On 27 Jun 2005 20:01:37 -0700, "Annika1980" <annika1980@aol.com>
wrote:

>Here's a closeup of his eye. Even this pic is reduced 50%.
>http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/45393656/original

That's FAKE!
Look at the pixelation in the eye!

--
Bill Funk
replace "g" with "a"

>http://www.pbase.com/bret/imag­e/45393656/original

>That's FAKE!
>Look at the pixelation in the eye!

Haven't ya heard? Grasshoppers are Totally Digital !!!
One can only wonder what I must've looked like to him.
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 2:54:47 AM

Bill Funk <BigBill@there.com> wrote:
>"Annika1980" <annika1980@aol.com>
>>Here's a closeup of his eye. Even this pic is reduced 50%.
>>http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/45393656/original
>
>That's FAKE!
>Look at the pixelation in the eye!

It's interesting. Maybe the bottom half is green because it
filters out green, since most plant life is green and most
dangerous things on the ground are not green?

--
Ken Tough
Anonymous

Bill Funk wrote:

> On 27 Jun 2005 20:01:37 -0700, "Annika1980" <annika1980@aol.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Here's a closeup of his eye. Even this pic is reduced 50%.
> >http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/45393656/original
>
> That's FAKE!
> Look at the pixelation in the eye!
>
> --
> Bill Funk
> replace "g" with "a"

Hello

Insects have mulifaceted compound eyes.
Nature got there first.

Mike Engles
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 11:08:49 PM

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 19:08:48 +0000 (UTC), Mike Engles
<mike.sengles@btinternet.com> wrote:

>Bill Funk wrote:
>>
>> On 27 Jun 2005 20:01:37 -0700, "Annika1980" <annika1980@aol.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Here's a closeup of his eye. Even this pic is reduced 50%.
>> >http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/45393656/original
>>
>> That's FAKE!
>> Look at the pixelation in the eye!
>>
>> --
>> Bill Funk
>> replace "g" with "a"
>

>Hello
>
>Insects have mulifaceted compound eyes.
>Nature got there first.
>
>Mike Engles

That "whooshing" sound you heard is the joke going over your head. :-)

--
Bill Funk
replace "g" with "a"

Bill Funk wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 19:08:48 +0000 (UTC), Mike Engles
> <mike.sengles@btinternet.com> wrote:
>
> >Bill Funk wrote:

> >> That's FAKE!
> >> Look at the pixelation in the eye!
> >>
> >> --
> >> Bill Funk
> >> replace "g" with "a"
> >

> >Hello
> >
> >Insects have mulifaceted compound eyes.
> >Nature got there first.
> >
> >Mike Engles
>
> That "whooshing" sound you heard is the joke going over your head. :-)
>
> --
> Bill Funk
> replace "g" with "a"

Hello

I realised it was tongue in cheek,I only added that as a matter of
information.

Mike engles
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 3:31:04 AM

Mike Engles wrote:
> Bill Funk wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 19:08:48 +0000 (UTC), Mike Engles
>> <mike.sengles@btinternet.com> wrote:

>>> Hello
>>>
>>> Insects have mulifaceted compound eyes.
>>> Nature got there first.
>>>
>>> Mike Engles
>>
>> That "whooshing" sound you heard is the joke going over your head.
>> :-)
>>
>> --
>> Bill Funk
>> replace "g" with "a"
>

> Hello
>
> I realised it was tongue in cheek,I only added that as a matter of
> information.
>
> Mike engles
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 3:31:04 AM

Mike Engles wrote:
> Bill Funk wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 19:08:48 +0000 (UTC), Mike Engles
>> <mike.sengles@btinternet.com> wrote:

>>> Hello
>>>
>>> Insects have mulifaceted compound eyes.
>>> Nature got there first.
>>>
>>> Mike Engles
>>
>> That "whooshing" sound you heard is the joke going over your head.
>> :-)
>>
>> --
>> Bill Funk
>> replace "g" with "a"
>

> Hello
>
> I realised it was tongue in cheek,I only added that as a matter of
> information.
>
> Mike engles

"Then no one needs to note that it was superfluous information?" he
said, superfluously and informationally.
!