Sign in with
Your question

4 Monitor Setup for Photoshop, Lightroom and Multi Tasking

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 21, 2012 9:46:14 AM

Hi, first post here so wish me luck!

I recently built the setup listed in my signature (500W PSU), deliberatly without a discreet card to keep costs down. Now I've decided I want to run my Dell 2412 with 3 additional VGA (VGA is the only input) monitors, but am struggling to find a decent graphics setup to run it.

I was going to get SAPPHIRE FleX HD 6770 1GB GDDR5 as it supports 4 monitors and displayport for the Dell, but as I want to run 3 VGA its not suitable without expensive adaptors and converters.

Can anyone suggest a suitable setup, 2 card or otherwise that will support the tasks listed above with potential for casual gaming for somewhere around the £100/$150 mark?

Thanks!
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
February 21, 2012 10:08:56 AM

If you want the best performance, you'll just got to go higher... IF I was you, I'd save money for a 7950 or 7970 because of 3GB VRAM... You can go ahead and get a 6770 but I'll warn you that your might lag like nuts in photoshop or games because it only have 1GB VRAM...
m
l
a c 376 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
February 21, 2012 10:19:49 AM

An HD6770 can easily handle Photoshop.

Alternately I believe your onboard video can support dual monitors as can any discrete card for a total of 4.
m
l
February 21, 2012 2:19:33 PM

thanks for that,

I was under the impression that you couldn't run a discreet card and the onboard graphics, but having done some further digging it appears with the z68 chipset you can use both.

is this actually the case?
m
l
!