Sign in with
Your question

CPU power connection

Last response: in Components
August 11, 2012 10:56:44 PM

I'm looking at a new psu. Like the look of this one: CORSAIR Builder Series CX430 V2

The only problem is, my unit has a four pin power connection for the CPU. (this one, from what I can tell). The new psu I'm looking at, though, doesn't have that. It's listed as having a "8 Pin EPS 12V" connection. Is there some way I can use that connection for my pc, maybe an adapter or something, or do I need to look at another psu?

More about : cpu power connection

a b ) Power supply
a c 109 à CPUs
August 11, 2012 11:02:14 PM

The 8-PIN CPU power on the PSU is a 4+4 (4 will break away just in case you don't need it) so you have nothing to worry about :) 
m
l
a c 76 ) Power supply
a c 283 à CPUs
August 11, 2012 11:20:10 PM

It IS actually the full 8 pin from what I can see in the pics (not 4+4), BUT, you just use the half that fits (both halves won't, so you can't screw it up).
m
l
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
a c 109 à CPUs
August 11, 2012 11:23:59 PM

DJDeCiBeL said:
It IS actually the full 8 pin from what I can see in the pics (not 4+4), BUT, you just use the half that fits (both halves won't, so you can't screw it up).

Oh really? Didn't notice..thanks for pointing that out :sweat: 

But as DJDeciBel said, you can't mess up putting only half in...and half of it sticking out won't really yield any problems.
m
l
a c 152 ) Power supply
a c 358 à CPUs
August 12, 2012 2:21:11 AM

DJDeCiBeL said:

If you look closely at the pic on Newegg, you can just barley see the separation line between the two halves. So, I think the pic has the two halves pressed together. i.e. it will separate.
m
l
a c 76 ) Power supply
a c 283 à CPUs
August 12, 2012 2:23:50 AM

clutchc said:
If you look closely at the pic on Newegg, you can just barley see the separation line between the two halves. So, I think the pic has the two halves pressed together. i.e. it will separate.

Wow, I had to zoom in ALL the way to see that, but I think you're right, actually. VERY hard to see that. I guess it IS 4+4.
m
l
!