Deleting temporary folder

Is it safe to delete everything in C:\Documents and settings\Profile name
\Local settings\Temp? My viruschecker always finds something in there upon
boot up.

Thanks

A.
7 answers Last reply
More about deleting temporary folder

    Hi

    What is your AV program finding in that folder? You ought to try and delete
    any virus first, then the files in that folder can be deleted.

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in

    > Hi
    >
    > What is your AV program finding in that folder? You ought to try and
    > delete any virus first, then the files in that folder can be deleted.

    It's finding "randreco.exe" wich is easily deletable but shows up again on
    next boot. I'm using f-prot. I've checked the registry but no sign of it
    there.

    thanks for reply

    A.

    > "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in
    >
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> What is your AV program finding in that folder? You ought to try and
    >> delete any virus first, then the files in that folder can be deleted.
    >>

    > It's finding "randreco.exe" wich is easily deletable but shows up again on
    > next boot. I'm using f-prot. I've checked the registry but no sign of it
    > there.
    >
    > thanks for reply
    >
    > A.

    Hi

    You may be able to delete it, but why is it turning up on every reboot? Try
    an online scan for a 2nd opinion:

    > "Ariel" <none@no.net> wrote in message
    >> "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in

    Hi, Panda found additiona files but still didn't eliminate randreco.exe.
    I'm so frustrated. I ran Symantec's and Trend Micro online scanners and
    even they couldn't get rid of it.

    A.

    >>> Hi
    >>>
    >>> What is your AV program finding in that folder? You ought to try and
    >>> delete any virus first, then the files in that folder can be deleted.
    >>>

    >> It's finding "randreco.exe" wich is easily deletable but shows up again
    >> on next boot. I'm using f-prot. I've checked the registry but no sign
    >> of it there.
    >>
    >> thanks for reply
    >>
    >> A.
    >
    > Hi
    >
    > You may be able to delete it, but why is it turning up on every reboot?
    > Try an online scan for a 2nd opinion:
    >
    > http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/com/activescan_principal.htm

    Hi

    Try the following link:

    http://groups.google.com/groups?q=randreco.exe&hl=en&btnG=Google+Search

    --

    > "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in
    >
    >> "Ariel" <none@no.net> wrote in message
    >>> "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in
    >>>
    > Hi, Panda found additiona files but still didn't eliminate randreco.exe.
    > I'm so frustrated. I ran Symantec's and Trend Micro online scanners and
    > even they couldn't get rid of it.
    >
    > A.

    >>> It's finding "randreco.exe" wich is easily deletable but shows up again
    >>> on next boot. I'm using f-prot. I've checked the registry but no sign
    >>> of it there.
    >>>
    >>> thanks for reply
    >>>
    >>> A.
    >>
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> You may be able to delete it, but why is it turning up on every reboot?
    >> Try an online scan for a 2nd opinion:
    >>
    >> http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/com/activescan_principal.htm

    Thanks, I'm glad that I'm not the only one with this problem. I'll have to
    read the whole thread tomorrow.

    thanks

    A.

    "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in news:#whQ8rW1EHA.2112
    @TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl:

    > Hi
    >
    > Try the following link:
    >
    > http://groups.google.com/groups?q=randreco.exe&hl=en&btnG=Google+Search

    Thanks for your help but I couldn't find any conclusive solution. Don't know
    what to do next.

    Thanks again.