Deleting temporary folder

November 27, 2004 3:43:48 PM

Is it safe to delete everything in C:\Documents and settings\Profile name
\Local settings\Temp? My viruschecker always finds something in there upon
boot up.

Thanks

A.
Anonymous
November 27, 2004 3:52:41 PM

Hi

What is your AV program finding in that folder? You ought to try and delete
any virus first, then the files in that folder can be deleted.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Ariel" <none@no.net> wrote in message
> Is it safe to delete everything in C:\Documents and settings\Profile name
> \Local settings\Temp? My viruschecker always finds something in there upon
> boot up.
>
> Thanks
>
> A.
November 28, 2004 3:24:54 AM

"Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in

> Hi
>
> What is your AV program finding in that folder? You ought to try and
> delete any virus first, then the files in that folder can be deleted.

It's finding "randreco.exe" wich is easily deletable but shows up again on
next boot. I'm using f-prot. I've checked the registry but no sign of it
there.

thanks for reply

A.
November 28, 2004 9:32:39 AM

> "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in
>
>> Hi
>>
>> What is your AV program finding in that folder? You ought to try and
>> delete any virus first, then the files in that folder can be deleted.
>>

> It's finding "randreco.exe" wich is easily deletable but shows up again on
> next boot. I'm using f-prot. I've checked the registry but no sign of it
> there.
>
> thanks for reply
>
> A.

Hi

You may be able to delete it, but why is it turning up on every reboot? Try
an online scan for a 2nd opinion:

http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/com/activescan_...

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups
November 28, 2004 7:31:02 PM

"Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in
news:o CtEQQR1EHA.3820@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl:

> "Ariel" <none@no.net> wrote in message
>> "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in

Hi, Panda found additiona files but still didn't eliminate randreco.exe.
I'm so frustrated. I ran Symantec's and Trend Micro online scanners and
even they couldn't get rid of it.

A.

>>> Hi
>>>
>>> What is your AV program finding in that folder? You ought to try and
>>> delete any virus first, then the files in that folder can be deleted.
>>>

>> It's finding "randreco.exe" wich is easily deletable but shows up again
>> on next boot. I'm using f-prot. I've checked the registry but no sign
>> of it there.
>>
>> thanks for reply
>>
>> A.
>
> Hi
>
> You may be able to delete it, but why is it turning up on every reboot?
> Try an online scan for a 2nd opinion:
>
> http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/com/activescan_...

Anonymous
November 28, 2004 7:54:51 PM

Hi

Try the following link:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=randreco.exe&hl=en&bt...

--

> "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in
> news:o CtEQQR1EHA.3820@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl:
>
>> "Ariel" <none@no.net> wrote in message
>>> "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in
>>>
> Hi, Panda found additiona files but still didn't eliminate randreco.exe.
> I'm so frustrated. I ran Symantec's and Trend Micro online scanners and
> even they couldn't get rid of it.
>
> A.

>>> It's finding "randreco.exe" wich is easily deletable but shows up again
>>> on next boot. I'm using f-prot. I've checked the registry but no sign
>>> of it there.
>>>
>>> thanks for reply
>>>
>>> A.
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> You may be able to delete it, but why is it turning up on every reboot?
>> Try an online scan for a 2nd opinion:
>>
>> http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/com/activescan_...

November 29, 2004 4:38:36 AM

Thanks, I'm glad that I'm not the only one with this problem. I'll have to
read the whole thread tomorrow.

thanks

A.

"Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in news:#whQ8rW1EHA.2112
@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl:

> Hi
>
> Try the following link:
>
> http://groups.google.com/groups?q=randreco.exe&hl=en&bt...

December 1, 2004 5:13:10 AM

Thanks for your help but I couldn't find any conclusive solution. Don't know
what to do next.

Thanks again.

!