Velti

Honorable
Apr 17, 2012
Alright! I've bought and ordered all the parts for my build, and I'm super excited! But I'm a little nervous about starting the thing up for the first time. Here's my build:

CPU: i5-2500k
RAM: Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600
HDD: Barracuda 500 GB SATA
MOBO: Z77 Pro3 1155 ATX Intel
GPU: XFX HD-685X-ZCFC Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5
PSU: CORSAIR Builder Series CX500 V2 500W
OPTICAL DRIVE: LG 22X Super-Multi DVD Burner
MONITOR: LG 22" E2241
CASE: Antec 300

I intend to use my lovely for a bit of gaming and some 2D art. What do you guys suggest for my BIOS settings? I know that at first I need to set it to boot from the optical so I can install windows...

Solution

You probably won't have to do anything at first, except set your boot order, date, time. It should detect everything else (ram, hdd's, etc.). The only "messing around" you'll have to do is if you overclock.
every bios is different from manufacturer to manufacturer, even from model to model. Unfortunately its been my experience that the manuals do not go into detail as to each bios parameter. if the bios has a setting to optimal settings or performance settings try that first.

Chaz21

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012

You probably won't have to do anything at first, except set your boot order, date, time. It should detect everything else (ram, hdd's, etc.). The only "messing around" you'll have to do is if you overclock.

Solution