Current driver for HD 6770?

Gorf12

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2012
Does anyone know the best driver for an (Asus) Radeon HD 6770?

When I follow the driver selection screen on the ati.amd.com site, I end up at this page, but when I follow the link for the release notes on that page, the Radeon HD 6700 series is conspicuous by its absence on the "AMD Desktop Product Family Compatibility" table.

The latest driver that I can find where the 6700 series is mentioned on the compatibility list is driver version 11.5

Gorf12

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2012
Thanks for the suggestion - I tried it, and it took me to the same driver.

Of course, it's entirely possible that the absence of the 6700 series from the compatibility page is an accidental deletion since version 11.6 that has never been corrected. However, it's also absent from their direct support request page - both the section for their own cards, and the Asus section. It gives me the feeling that it's a poor product that they are trying to distance themselves from...

strangebrew

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012
Totally bizarre. Ran into the same issue.... did they just make a mistake and forget to add the 6700 series to the list?

What else is weird, in their survey you need to fill out before downloading the codec they also don't list the 6700... and this is just a sort of optional survey thing.

I am having conflict problems looking for better drivers and AMD is no help. Makes me wonder if there is something wrong with the 6700 and they quickly pulled the release.. those of us who bought computers around the new year 2012 get a bad chipset or something?