Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Are these temps good?

Last response: in Components
August 12, 2012 12:22:18 AM

Well I am a little concerned about my computer because it is in a cabinet (with the door open and the back cover removed) with about 1 inch space on both sides. my GPU usually runs around 72 Celsius when I run Furmark 1.7 (a GPU stress tester) and about 52 Celsius when I am browsing the internet. Are these temps okay? My motherboard only supports one system fan and one cpu fan, so I took my system fan and modified it to power two fans at once. Is this safe?
Originally, my case had an adjustable tube that leads to the CPU, but I took that out and replaced it with a small fan. I was also wondering if this is okay.

When I stick my hand in the cabinet I feel warmth, and in the bottom left corner of the computer, it is freezing cold, but in back right of the computer (where my psu is) it is much warmer.

Any suggestions?

More about : temps good

Best solution

a c 116 ) Power supply
August 12, 2012 2:15:11 AM

Considering the closed confines of your cabinet, the GPU temp isn't bad. It is definetly safe.

If you plugged 2 fans into 1 Molex connector from the PSU, that's perfectly fine. If you are piggy backing 2 fans from the same motherboard fan header, you may be overdoing it depending on the fans' current draw (but I've done it in the past).

I'm assuming your 'tube' was a duct to give the CPU direct access to outside air. Putting a fan in its place is probably even better.
August 12, 2012 7:02:12 AM

clutchc said:
Considering the closed confines of your cabinet, the GPU temp isn't bad. It is definetly safe.

If you plugged 2 fans into 1 Molex connector from the PSU, that's perfectly fine. If you are piggy backing 2 fans from the same motherboard fan header, you may be overdoing it depending on the fans' current draw (but I've done it in the past).

I'm assuming your 'tube' was a duct to give the CPU direct access to outside air. Putting a fan in its place is probably even better.

Thanks for the reply, it really helped. I removed my computer from the cabinet and now it has a couple inches of space on both sides between my wall and desk. Now it has plenty of room! I'm thinking about getting the coolermaster EVO heatsink, the Rosewill Challenger case for better air flow, and a new harddrive aswell.
August 20, 2012 4:55:10 AM

Best answer selected by DavidHK.
!