rolandftw

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011
i have a gtx 560 (asus dcii oc) which is overclocked to 1000mhz and 1087mv. whie playing games or on the web, or running kombuster, the drivers crash. it always crash on kombuster and on a normal uses, it crashes once each week (not running kombuster). is this normal? if not wat can i do? btw i am using version 285.62....should i use the beta (29-something)? thanks in advanced

Solution
Set the card to default/stock speeds and voltage. Certify that it does or does not crash at stock settings. If it is stable then slowly increase your settings until it becomes unstable/crashes. Then back off the settings to the previous stable point. Not all cards will oc the same. Air flow, ambient temps., and use make each situation unique. You need to find the point where Kombuster stressing in stable. Once you have that, you should be good for gaming and day to day use.

Dogsnake

Distinguished
Set the card to default/stock speeds and voltage. Certify that it does or does not crash at stock settings. If it is stable then slowly increase your settings until it becomes unstable/crashes. Then back off the settings to the previous stable point. Not all cards will oc the same. Air flow, ambient temps., and use make each situation unique. You need to find the point where Kombuster stressing in stable. Once you have that, you should be good for gaming and day to day use.

Solution