Firefox and active desktop

Win XP Home, IE, Firefox (Default)

Is there any way to get active desktop to use my default browser (Firefox)
instead of IE?
Thanks for any suggestions
More about firefox active desktop

    Try doing this though be aware that some programs will use IE regardless
    of what setting changes you may make.

    Click on Start, Set Program Access and Defaults (if this is not on your
    start menu then click on Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs) and Set
    Program Access and Defaults button on left margin. Click on Custom and then
    click on the downward arrow on the right. You will see, "Choose a default
    Web browser:" Make sure FireFox's button is blackened
    and if you so choose, you can unclick the "Enable access to this program"
    box. Click on OK and you should be set.

    "john" <johnjloftus@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Win XP Home, IE, Firefox (Default)
    >
    > Is there any way to get active desktop to use my default browser (Firefox)
    > instead of IE?
    > Thanks for any suggestions

    ---

Configuration Default Internet Explorer Desktops Firefox Windows XP