Sign in with
Your question

GTX570 Colour Banding Games & Desktop

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 21, 2012 3:22:20 PM

Hi,

I seem to be having a problem. I have a geforce GTX570 graphics card HD with an i5 2500k processor and a ASUS P8P67 motherboard, and seem to be getting colour bands on the blue desktop and also on my games. I have installed the latest drive and tried to adjust my resolution with no effect. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas or if there is a problem with the graphics card. If this was the case surely it woulnt work at all.

Thanks in advance Chris Harwood
a b U Graphics card
February 21, 2012 3:28:04 PM

try to test the monitor with another video card to make sure it's not the monitor (you could try another cable as well), as a faulty monitor or cable can give you those lines...if those are ok, then the power supply could be too weak and that gives lines and artifacts as well...and if the power supply is good enough then the card is faulty and you may need to take it to warranty if it's still in warranty
February 21, 2012 4:36:08 PM

gcatalin said:
try to test the monitor with another video card to make sure it's not the monitor (you could try another cable as well), as a faulty monitor or cable can give you those lines...if those are ok, then the power supply could be too weak and that gives lines and artifacts as well...and if the power supply is good enough then the card is faulty and you may need to take it to warranty if it's still in warranty

Hi i have tested different screens and it seems to still show is there any way of testing the power supply for problems i dont seem to visually have any power problems.

Kind Regards Chris
!