Sign in with
Your question

Help a newbie Mom find a PSU replacement?

Last response: in Components
August 12, 2012 2:19:23 AM

Hello,

My kids have an E-Machine (bad I know) they use for homeschooling. It needs a new PSU. The one currently installed is ATX-250PA. All I know about the computer so far is that it has Intel Celeron E1400 processor. But I could look up any additional info you need if someone told me how to find it :) 

Someone gave me a Logisys PS575XBK 575-watt power supply but after reading reviews I am afraid to have it installed. Any suggestions for a decent power supply that will not cost me an arm and a leg? Or am I asking for a miracle?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
August 12, 2012 5:46:38 AM

aviconus said:
Hi Savmom,

So I looked around a little for ya. Come to find out a replacement for the PSU ATX-250PA would be about $25-$30. Going off of that, I think this would be a good replacement for the same range of cost:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Hope that helps.

Thank you! That DOES help. All the suggestions I received when calling around town were several times higher than that :??:  so this is great!

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply, I really do appreciate it :D 
Related resources
August 13, 2012 12:14:42 AM

Either will suffice, the extra wattage isnt going to make a huge difference since the original PSU was a 250, and all they are using it for is basic functionality.
!