Internet explorer 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike 06

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2008
I have a laptop with windows 7 home premium 64. I keep getting the option to upgrade to internet explorer 8. My system works very well now so my question is do I download internet explorer 8 for my system. Is it worth it or not.

Thanks in advance

There is no single answer that fit's everyone's situation. It depends a lot on how your use your laptop and where you browse.
So why not install it and test it out to see if it works better for you.

If you want to roll back to IE7 it's easy to do that. When you remove Internet Explorer 8, your earlier version of IE is restored with your customizations (such as add-ins, Favorites, and your home page).

Go through Start and into Control Panel. Under Programs, click Uninstall a program.
In the tasks pane, click Turn Windows features on/off. In the list of features, clear the check box next to Internet Explorer 8.
You receive a warning message in a pop-up window. Click Yes and IE 8 will be uninstalled after the next reboot.

Kyler_IE8_Team

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2009
IE8 is faster, and safer than IE 7 or 6. It is also compatible with more sites than any other browser. If you are concerned with the way IE 8 will interact with sites you are visiting, you will be pleased to hear about a new feature that comes with IE 8 called Compatibility Mode which allows you to view sites as they would appear in IE 6 or IE 7, with the added security and speed of IE 8.
Here is a link to get you started:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/Internet-explorer/default.aspx

Kyler
IE 8 Outreach Team

Status
Not open for further replies.