Dell Optiplex gx260 fan replacement

flugie62

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2008
Hello,
I have a Dell Optiplex GX260 that has a fan that is malfunctioning and running at maximum (actually out of range) levels all the time and I want to replace it. Since it is one that has the big green cover attached to it, i'm wondering what type of generic fan I can get to replace it with. Thanks!

flugie62

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2008
It is a Pentium 4 3.06 ghz CPU. The fan that Dell is trying to charge for is worth more then the computer itself so i'm hoping I can buy something off of newegg for a lot cheaper that would work.

BlueICE13

Honorable
Nov 12, 2012
Not the fan is the problem, which is 92mm/92mm, but the dell proprietary coupling on the motherboard which is not standard like any other. So if you don't have soldering knowledge and change the wires from the old one to the new one, i'm afraid you will have to buy an original fan. Other option is ebay, i have seen some replica fan there with dell coupling.
You will need a fan with about 60 cfm, keeping in mind that the cooler on the processor is passive and the fan is mounted on the case. the maximum wattage of processor for this model is 80w, so 60 cfm is more than enough.