Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Low Fps on Battlefield 3 using HD5450

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 21, 2012 3:49:07 PM

I am using XFX HD5450 for playing battlefield 3 , but i get an fps of about of about 11-15 at low settings when playing the game in multiplayer matches. I have seen videos on youtube with people playing the game at low settings at about 20-35 which is much greater than me and much playable. I can give you the video links:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6_sMFDARo4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvwCClNdeWc&feature=related

Agreed that mine is not a gaming card, but I have the same graphics card and I am getting very low fps. Please Someone guide me on this issue.

Computer Specs:

AMD Phenom FX Quad core
4 GB ddr2 RAM

Best solution

February 21, 2012 3:54:32 PM

Need more horsepower. See Tom's benchmarks. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/battlefield-3-graph...
February 21, 2012 3:58:11 PM

Multiplayer matches in BF3 tend to tax the CPU heavily as well, and if you only have a single or dual core system, it could very well be the more likely culprit, especially if you are seeing decent FPS in single player. If you could give us the full specs on the system, it might help.
Score
Related resources
February 21, 2012 4:08:11 PM

Garbage card for gaming. Sorry not much can help that.
Score
February 21, 2012 4:13:52 PM

Houndsteeth said:
Multiplayer matches in BF3 tend to tax the CPU heavily as well, and if you only have a single or dual core system, it could very well be the more likely culprit, especially if you are seeing decent FPS in single player. If you could give us the full specs on the system, it might help.

My son has twin 560 Ti's OC'd to 1020 Mhz and it plays just dandy in single player......multiplayer OTOH requires a settings adjustment from ultra to high so what you are experiencing is an "across the board" experience it seems.
Score
February 21, 2012 4:36:43 PM

The problem is absolutely the video card. You could try updating your video card drivers to the most current though, if you haven't already... maybe that will help some.
Score
February 21, 2012 4:59:19 PM

Over on the right, after clicking that first link, is a video "10 games the 5450 can play" or similar. As I watched you'll see it BARELY plays any of those games. they spit and sputter and look like crap because of the settings. So, NO, that card is useless. And I can confirm this because I have one. It plays the old Medal of Honor Allied Assault type games reasonably well, but not these newer games.

Second thing to look at is your connection. Didn't say what type you have or what you upload and download speeds are.
Score
February 21, 2012 5:29:39 PM

I agree with many of the comments listed people - multiplayer gaming will be linked to network connectivity, CPU resources (RAM, HD IOPS, Processor) and GPU resources. Are you using the HD5450 to minimize power consumption, do you need a low-profile slot, do you not want to upgrade the power supply? Just trying to get a gauge of your needs.

I first was running BF3 on a AMD 5600+ w/ 6 GB of RAM and a GT250 - it would run the main maps on low/medium settings fairly well but would cry uncle when I attempted to load Karkand maps. I switched to using a loaner GTX560 and it would handle most settings on High (minus AA & motion blur) but would still struggle it's way through Karkand maps. I upgraded all components (990FX mobo, FX-8150 proc, 16GB RAM, Intel SATA3 SSD, 750W PSU) except my loaner GTX560 and have been fairly happy with my BF3 experience. Still planning on upgrading my GPU but am enjoying my current experience while I wait.
Score
February 28, 2012 4:34:52 AM

Thanks Friends For your Replies. I am now upgrading my card. Maybe I will buy an HD 7750 or an GTX 550 ti. Both the cards work well at my resolution(1024*768) and are able to run BF3 maxed out at least at my very low monitor resolution of 1024*768. Thanks again to all. And for my internet, it is able to handle only 16 player matches very well. and they are much playable. Thanks again. This is the best harware forum where you get instant replies. Thanks!!!
Score
March 3, 2012 5:47:19 AM

Best answer selected by pranav189.
Score
!