Need urgent help quickly

aakashsharma191

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
Hello
I bought up a new machine with A8N SLI DELUXE and MSI nx7600GT.I got vista beta1 so i installed it.But here the problem started.The vista automatically set my display driver to STANDARD VGA DRIVER.Then i downloaded nvidia vista x86 forceware.installed on it(I dont know why but it took a long time) then when i rebooted my machine there was no display at the logon screen(windows started and then no display).i then logged in safe mode and removed the drivers then booted and now then display comes but when i try to install nvidia forceware but at the starting of installation it says that other device installer of windows is running,when that would be closed then it would start and furthermore I dont have any idea what to do.

ONE MORE THING if my problem is solved

can i have the fascility of DOT(dynamic overclocking technology)of MSI in this forceware.IF not then is there any forceware of MSI for 7600GT in VISTA beta1?

I am very worried about the problem

please solve my problem fastly

BustedSony

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2006
It sounds quite simply that after installing the Nvidia drivers the vertical refresh rate is being set beyond the capability of the monitor. The drivers shouldn't have been touched since the approach is to go into VGA mode at boot, set display properties to a low rate (800 X 600 60hz) then reboot. Then change the monitor properties to the best display that works. OR go into safe mode and install the correct driver for the monitor, (this will tell the card driver the maximum refresh rates,) then reboot. You may have other problems now that you've messed with trying to uninstall the video driver. What is the monitor anyway?

I use a dual boot partition, with vista 64 bit beta 2 on one, and windows 2k on the other. It was alot of trouble initially, but worth it. I got tired of vista not opening some web sites. I went back to using 2k. The beta 2 version is pretty stable, but too slow. I wouldn't use it for gaming or overclocking. If you aren't happy with your performance, I would format and go back to an older version of windows. Microsoft still has alot of work to do to improve vista's performance.