Using 2 monitors with different background images

I use 2 monitors on my computer. When I choose a background image, I get the
same image on both monitors. How could it be possible to have different
images on each of them?

Any suggestion!

Bruno
---------------------------------------
Bruno Deschênes
Tél.: (514) 277-4665
E-mail: bruno@musis.ca

danno

Hello,

i run two monitors as well... and what i have found is the if you title
your background and make on image teh size of both monitors.... 1250X2560
will give you one single image that goes across two monitors, or you can
combine two differnet images to make essentually one image for different back
grounds. http://www.Digitalblasphemy.com has dual monitor backgrounds, check
them out!

hope this helps

"Bruno Deschênes" wrote:

> I use 2 monitors on my computer. When I choose a background image, I get the
> same image on both monitors. How could it be possible to have different
> images on each of them?
>
> Any suggestion!
>
> Bruno
> ---------------------------------------
> Bruno Deschênes
> Tél.: (514) 277-4665
> E-mail: bruno@musis.ca

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

"Bruno Deschênes" <bruno@musis.ca> wrote in message
>I use 2 monitors on my computer. When I choose a background image, I get
>the same image on both monitors. How could it be possible to have different
>images on each of them?
>
> Any suggestion!

There could be a hack but I never searched for it.

Use a paint program to make a new page the total width of the two screens -
eg. if both screens are 1024 x 768 then make a new page 2048 x 768.

Open up the picture you want for the left, resize if necessary, copy and
paste it into the left side of the new double wide page.

Repeat for the right side, pasting on the right side of the new page.

NOTE:- you may have to paste each image as a "Layer", depending on your
paint prog, experiment.

File/Save_As name.bmp or name.jpg in somewhere handy - My Documents;
C:\WINDOWS.

Open up Screen Properties/Desktop, browse to where ever you saved the pic
and select "Tile" for the position box.

Worked for my FX5700 card with dual monitor output.

Dave

Mr

Dave écrivait ceci :

> then make a new page 2048 x 768.
> Worked for my FX5700 card with dual monitor output.

Rather silly, since with your nVidia card, the nView Desktop manager
provided with recent drivers, allows you, when activated, to set one picture
per desktop ;-)

--
michel

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

"MR" <michel@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Dave écrivait ceci :
>
>> then make a new page 2048 x 768.
>> Worked for my FX5700 card with dual monitor output.
>
> Rather silly, since with your nVidia card, the nView Desktop manager
> provided with recent drivers, allows you, when activated, to set one
> picture
> per desktop ;-)

Yes, but I don't recall if the OP had an FX card so I did the easy thing and
re-did what worked when I had 2 different non-nVidia vid cards and Win98SE
on my old system to see if it still worked in a 2 minute test on my current
set-up.

The nVidia Desktop manager screws with my system. I have 2 17" CRT monitors
that can do 1152x864 75Hz NI. The monitors are jammed next to each other so
if they use the same refresh then they "beat" - i.e they interfere with each
other and the pictures on each jitter enough to be annoying. CRT1 has an
extremely crisp picture when set to 1152x864, 72Hz while CRT2 looks good at
72 or 75Hz. When CRT2 is set at 75 Hz there is no jitter on either CRT when
CRT1 is at 72Hz.

nVidia Desktop manager kills the 75Hz option on CRT2. The sweet spot of
CRT1 for max res and refresh is 1152x864, 72Hz. Increasing the res adds
more jitter and when interlace starts, flickering.

With CRT1 at 1152x864, 72Hz and CRT2 at 1152x864, 75Hz I get the best
(highest res) picture on both monitors with the least jitter.

Until LCD screens become cheaper I am stuck with CRT monitors.

Dave