New Gaming PC $1200 Budget (video editing also)

Approximate Purchase Date: This week or next

Budget Range: $1000-$1200 Id like to try to stay within budget

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming(high end games wow and tera)>Video Editing>music

Parts Not Required: keyboard, monitor, mouse, speakers

Preferred Website(s) for Parts:

Parts Preferences: Doesn't matter to me i am quite knew at this stuff so i dont have a preference yet. Friend suggested these parts i dont know if you guys can come up with better deals ( intel i5-2500k sandybridge with the asus z68v-pro mboard) LEAVE TO PARTS LINKS PLEASE

SLI or Crossfire: no

Monitor Resolution: 1680x1050

Additional Comments: Games that would be playing on my pc would include star wars the old republic, skyrim, total war games, tera, world of warcraft and minecraft. Some of those games dont need big comp to play just giving you as much info as i can as to wat i need the comp for. I will need to be able to upload my youtube videos in 1080. Also im really knew at this guys so i if you could try not to get to technical that would be much appreciate. I have to friends that have made there own builds who will be helping me assemble it. If you need more info just let me know.

What im considering for a case: (you can switch out to different size or something similar if parts dont fit just try to pick out something with glass case concept)

Case - antec df-85 [...] xeg2wltzl2
1 answer Last reply
More about gaming 1200 budget video editing also
  1. PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz ($179.99 @ Microcenter)
    Motherboard: Asus P8Z68-M Pro Micro ATX ($124.98 @ Mac Connection)
    Memory: G.SKILL Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 CAS9 1.5V F3-1600C9D-8GAB ($44.99 @ Newegg)
    Hard Drive: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM ($89.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7850 2GB GV-R785OC-2GD ($266.97 @ Newegg)
    Case: Antec DF-85 ($139.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: XFX Pro 650W Core Edition ($64.99 @ NCIX US)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $1011.89
    (Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-04-29 11:15 EDT-0400)

If you're comfortable using up all of your $1200 budget then upgrade the GPU to a 7870 or something else more powerful. Alternatively you could add an SSD. I can make a recommendation in both cases if you want.
    If you are going to overclock then it would be a good idea to add a CPU cooler. Again I can make a recommendation.
    You don't need as high end a motherboard as the P8Z68-V Pro (or an ATX motherboard in general) if you are not going to SLI/CF. I could probably come up with an ATX alternative if you have something against mATX motherboards.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Video Editing Systems Product