My computer shuts down itself and shows that blue screen

Hello! this is Rathana Kumar, my computer shuts down itself and shows that blue screen with some words that i cant read as it restarts immediately. when it restarts i must choose a category between normal start, safe mode, etc....., i choose normal start, and it opens normally but when i am surfin on the net after a few minutes it happens again. please anyone help me as soon as possible. i would appreciate that. i have got windows xp sp3 32-bit, intel pentium dual core, E2140, 1.60 GHz, 1 GB ram . thank u ("_") any one tell me what kind of problem accuring? how to resolve it?
2 answers Last reply
More about computer shuts shows blue screen
  1. Hi

It would help if you could report the BSOD error message

To stop the PC rebooting after BSOD go to Control panel / System Properties / Advanced / Startup & Recovery
    and untick Automatic Restart

Also The Event Logs may give you some indication of the problem
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308427

regards
    Mike Barnes
  2. I would start up opening the side of the pc and see if the cpu fan or gpu fan is dust bound and the system is over heating. most times it a heat or power issue with blue screens. if all the fans are moving and the cpu and gpu temps are fine. use a program like hardware monitor to watch your power supply voltage. use a bootable cd or usb stick and run memtest to see if any of your ram went bad.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Blue Screen Computers