Sign in with
Your question

Power supply be ok?

Last response: in Components
August 12, 2012 10:17:13 AM

Hey

Can you guys please let me know if this poer supply will run my system ok?

Cooler master gx lite 500w
I5 2800 2.8 ghz
Msi gtx 460 hawk twin frozer (2 fans) requires 2 x pci e connectors 1gb
Msi p55 gd65 motherboard
4 gb ddr3 1333
2 x hdd 500gb
1x dvdrw

I had the gx 550 coolermaster lasted for 2.5 years and popped last week. My pc is constantly running 7 days a week.

Thanks

More about : power supply

August 12, 2012 10:37:59 AM

Thank you for the reply. Have actually ordered the power supply just wanted to see if it will run my system ok or if more power is needed. My old gx was quite good im not sure the new one comes with sleeving.
Related resources
a c 122 ) Power supply
August 12, 2012 11:08:02 AM

look here i highly recommend you cancel your order or return it it's list http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/thread/323050.aspx Tier 4 - Not Recommend for stressful situations. May not be able to put out full rated power above room temperature, and may slightly fail to meet ATX specs.
August 12, 2012 11:20:20 AM

I think your PSU(Cooler master gx lite 500w )it is a cooler master...it is very ok,I don't see where the problem is,be sure that your PSU has a good air flow.If there is a problem change it but I don't think there will be.
a c 272 ) Power supply
August 12, 2012 4:51:56 PM

Bad news, your old GX 550 was NEVER good, it is just that you lack the ability to check if it is good or not, you can only tell if it is working or not working, the GX series from cooler master is crap in a box, the only decent unit from that lineup is the GX 450, all of the other ones put out crappy power once they were at higher load levels.

Cooler master only has good units in the upper power levels, their silent pro series and up are alright, but all of their low power units are very very poor in comparison to other units in their price bracket.

Where are you buying from and what is your budget so you don't lose more than just the PSU when this one fails.
!