Problems with Asus 550 ti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shubashima

Honorable
Feb 21, 2012
I just got my new card today but im having some strange issues with it, all of the colors get messed up and the font changes into blocks i have a 500w ps so it shouldnt be underpowered and it happens randomly while playing the old republic

ricardois

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
what is your power supply? some generic PSUS don't give you the labeled Wattage.

If it is the Psu you'll have this problem no matter what videocard. just saying best to check it before RMA.

What is the PSU Brand?

alvarg

Honorable
Feb 19, 2012
curious i have 2 asus gtx 550ti top cards , my question is why is 1 smaller then the other 1 they are ment to be the same card but they look 1 is a fake or something even though all the memory and clock speeds and details on the cards using, gpu-z is identical should i be worried

ricardois

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011

there are 2 possibilities:

1.They are from different manufacturers and the design/cooling system is different.

2.Sometimes the same manufacturer do the same card with different cooling, since they both have the same clockspeed/memory etc, i assume they are from different brands, are they?

alvarg

Honorable
Feb 19, 2012

no they are identical cards, both ment to be asus gtx 550ti top

ricardois

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
Sorry but what is the video card? i've read some peoples saying that this psu could not handle even 386watts but i'm not sure if that was real (internet), if your graphics card requires more than that this kind of problem could be hapening, this kind of problem really looks like psu problem, but there is also the chance of beign the video card, if you can try it with another PSU otherwise return the card, and if the second one didn't work properly you know what the problem is...

It is recommended to use Active PFC units, they normally are safer;

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS