GTA San Andreas

WOW! I liked the first two okay, but damn, this game does it all so much
better. The game is great! Has a lot of humor and a great soundtrack.
Keep in mind, it is a Mature title and not for children or those that
can't handle cussing. The game nails the time period perfectly and so
far it's a blast to play.

--
Rob Berryhill

theone

hmmm...my 2nd post, 1st didn't post? Sorry for double post If it comes
up. Anyways, I played it too and like it. The whole new Sims extension
to the series is amusing. And now we can swim!! Isn't it ironic given
your character? He's a freaking gold medalist!

Were any of you let down somewhat by the xbox graphics? Prolly asking
too much and I know there's only 64 megs of RAM to work with but, stuff
just disappears to fast, not enuff distance drawing and colors seem
bland. Can't wait to play the PC version! Now if I could just talk my
wife into a slightly larger 21" LCD display....

beck

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

"Rob Berryhill" <rob_berryhill@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> WOW! I liked the first two okay, but damn, this game does it all so much
> better. The game is great! Has a lot of humor and a great soundtrack.
> Keep in mind, it is a Mature title and not for children or those that
> can't handle cussing. The game nails the time period perfectly and so
> far it's a blast to play.

I enjoyed the game. But I felt the map was too big. When you get further
into the game, you will realise how big the map is and how it can be so
annoying having to drive from one area to another. Thankfully, most of the
time Rockstar have grouped most missions together in areas to avoid lots of
travelling, but it is still there in some cases.
Oh and the difficulty level on some missions is horrific, without saying too
much, watch out for the Z missions.

"Beck" <my_bulkmail@btopenworld.invalid> wrote in message

> "Rob Berryhill" <rob_berryhill@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> WOW! I liked the first two okay, but damn, this game does it all so much
>> better. The game is great! Has a lot of humor and a great soundtrack.
>> Keep in mind, it is a Mature title and not for children or those that
>> can't handle cussing. The game nails the time period perfectly and so
>> far it's a blast to play.
>
> I enjoyed the game. But I felt the map was too big. When you get further
> into the game, you will realise how big the map is and how it can be so
> annoying having to drive from one area to another. Thankfully, most of
> the time Rockstar have grouped most missions together in areas to avoid
> lots of travelling, but it is still there in some cases.
> Oh and the difficulty level on some missions is horrific, without saying
> too much, watch out for the Z missions.

There are times where I have felt that the games map/enviroment is just a
little too big also. I can appreciate them trying to do what they have in SA
and giving you all the different areas and all. But there are times where it
is just a little too much. Overall I like the size of Vice City better, it
feels about right...GTA3 was a little too small, SA is a little too big.

"theOne" <theone.usenet@gmail.com> wrote in message
> hmmm...my 2nd post, 1st didn't post? Sorry for double post If it comes
> up. Anyways, I played it too and like it. The whole new Sims extension
> to the series is amusing. And now we can swim!! Isn't it ironic given
> your character? He's a freaking gold medalist!
>
> Were any of you let down somewhat by the xbox graphics? Prolly asking
> too much and I know there's only 64 megs of RAM to work with but, stuff
> just disappears to fast, not enuff distance drawing and colors seem
> bland. Can't wait to play the PC version! Now if I could just talk my
> wife into a slightly larger 21" LCD display....

I have not seen/played the Xbox version it. But the GTA games generally are
a little on the bland side as far as colors, seems more of a art style thing
than what hardware it is on. With SA the areas being SO large and so much
going on it is a wonder that the game runs as well as it does...somewhat
understandable that there would be poor draw distance/etc..

theone

Key word: Xbox. I never even played Vice City on the box cuz it was
played out at that point but if you wanna see a STARK contrast check
this out. Really Colorful (even though I'm in the shade in this
screenshot). Lots of people, detail down to the spoks of the bike
tire.......

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/babanoosh/gta.jpg

I was disappointed with the xbox version.
I can't even bear to play it anymore, There's just such a difference.
Best thing is my slightly older Nividia 6800 plays fine, unchoppy with
maximum draw distance at 1024x768 with AF on. Time to go mame and
murder!

theone

Thanks man. Glad I'm not the only one that had slighly higher
expectations for this one. I was thinking all the extra time was spent
on really tweaking it, but it looks like a straight port from PS2 to
me, with slightly better graphics and draw distance, but ugly. Worst
thing to me is the lack of people on the screen at one time.
I'll have to take another screenshot (other than the reply below)
showing all the people on the map at one time. And that's on only a
Nividia 128MB 6800 card! Bet at 1600x1200 on a SLI it's really stunning!

theOne wrote:

> Thanks man. Glad I'm not the only one that had slighly higher
> expectations for this one.

I sold my PS2 copy of GTA:SA the day I heard it was coming out for Xbox. But
based on all the bad feedback, it looks like I'll be picking up the PC
version instead. Thanks fer nuthin Rockstar! Maybe they just got a little
too ambitious with the game. Can't wait to see GTA4 on PS3.

-Z-

theone

can't really blame rockstar can you? Consoles just can't push it. You
won't be disappointed with the PC version nor will you recognized the
game from the PS2 :) I just picked up my pc elements game pad today!

theone

Hey Z,
Are you using the gamepad on the PC version. If so, I uncovered what
seems to be a bug. Everytime I set my controls up, it only works for
the duration of the present game. After reopening GTA, they're lost! I
posted to GTA Forums but wanted to check and see if you were
experiencing this issue.

abracadabra

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2004

"Beck" <my_bulkmail@btopenworld.invalid> wrote in message

> "Rob Berryhill" <rob_berryhill@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> WOW! I liked the first two okay, but damn, this game does it all so much
>> better. The game is great! Has a lot of humor and a great soundtrack.
>> Keep in mind, it is a Mature title and not for children or those that
>> can't handle cussing. The game nails the time period perfectly and so
>> far it's a blast to play.
>
> I enjoyed the game. But I felt the map was too big. When you get further
> into the game, you will realise how big the map is and how it can be so
> annoying having to drive from one area to another. Thankfully, most of
> the time Rockstar have grouped most missions together in areas to avoid
> lots of travelling, but it is still there in some cases.
> Oh and the difficulty level on some missions is horrific, without saying
> too much, watch out for the Z missions.

LOL
I have played that game on the PS2 since it came out and I never finished
all the "Z" missions. If I could kill that guy I would!