Permanently erases files

Hello,

I am worndering if there is a good software program that will permanently
erase files or folders. I know if I deleted a file or folder it doesn't
completly gets deleted in the hard drive. I know the data can be recovered,
which I don't want. So if anybody knows a good program that will complete
erase/destory/remove I would appreciate the suggestion. Thank you.

PGP Desktop does a good job of it. There's a freeware version available.

Michael Katz
[Microsoft MVP - MSN Client]
"There's no I in 'team' but there is 'me'"
http://msmvps.com/katz

This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and confers no rights.

"Alex Martinez" <alex_martinez@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I am worndering if there is a good software program that will permanently
> erase files or folders. I know if I deleted a file or folder it doesn't
> completly gets deleted in the hard drive. I know the data can be
> recovered, which I don't want. So if anybody knows a good program that
> will complete erase/destory/remove I would appreciate the suggestion.
> Thank you.

fred

Alex Martinez wrote:
>I am worndering if there is a good software program that will
>permanently erase files or folders. ...

http://www.heidi.ie/eraser/

map

"Alex Martinez" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am worndering if there is a good software program that will permanently
> erase files or folders. I know if I deleted a file or folder it doesn't
> completly gets deleted in the hard drive. I know the data can be recovered,
> which I don't want. So if anybody knows a good program that will complete
> erase/destory/remove I would appreciate the suggestion. Thank you.

http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/system/shred.htm

TRENDING THREADS