chuggs1977

Honorable
Feb 21, 2012
Hi all im new to this forum would like some help if possible please here goes,I have GTX 560ti (448) in sli but the problem i have is when i load the drivers from the disk i got with the cards sli shows up in the NCP when i dowload any new driver from the website it dosent.I have uninstalled all the drivers and run driver sweeper reinstalled the drivers and again and still the same sli dosent show both cards are showing in the NCP and device manager but there is no option to enable sli in the panel help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. :(

TyphX

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2010

don't use the disc drivers, they're usually outdated by the time you buy the card. go to nvidia's website and find drivers for it there.
if that doesn't work, make sure the sli connector is hooked up properly, and make sure both cards are seated right.
also, (i don't mean to call you stupid) , but make sure your mobo is sli capable, your psu has enough watts to power both cards under load, and that you aren't trying to sli a GTX 560ti 448 core with a regular 560 ti. The 448 core is based on the GF110 chip, and has a different PCB than the regular 560 ti, which is based on the GF114.

amd955be5670

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
Well I might sound stupid after saying this, but did you goto the nvidia control panel, and then in the 'Configure SLI, Surround, PhysX' choose in the circle "Maximize 3D Performance"?
I am saying this because, most probably the installation suite on your cds did this by default, but everytime I download new drivers, it always disables SLI for me which is annoying, so I simply enable it.

87ninefiveone

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2011
I feel your pain sir. I had the same issue with my new EVGA 560 Ti's. Assuming you've checked everything mentioned by the previous poster, the fix I found was to roll back the driver for the onboard Realtek ethernet device. Apparently a new driver gets pushed out by windows update every once and a while and reaks havoc with nvidia SLI detection on certain systems. I can't tell you why or how, and it sounds stupid but it worked for me. No more SLI detection issues.

chuggs1977

Honorable
Feb 21, 2012
Hello all thanks for the replies.I have no choice but to use the disk as if i dont the option to configure sli,surround,physx isnt there in 'Manage 3D Settings' when i download the drivers from the website everything is hooked up right for sure and my board supports sli here is the spec of my machine

Asus Sabertooth 900fx motherboard
Phenom 1100T black edition x6 @ 3.30ghz
2 x GTX 560ti (448)
2 x 64gb ssd
1x tb harddrive
1000w cooler master silent
64 bit windows ultimate
16gb Corsair xms ram 1600mhz

87ninefiveone i have no roll back option available in my device manager to be able to roll it back is there anyway i can can an older driver for my realtek lan? I tried somthing heres what i did i uninstalled the lan driver then uninstalled the graphics drivers run driver sweeper then installed the new 295.73 driver restarted comp and opened NCP the option to enable sli in manage 3D setting was there but as soon as
i installed the lan driver again and rebooted comp again all was gone i hope this makes sense so i presume i need a older lan driver things like this im not very good to me as im new to all this lol

chuggs1977

Honorable
Feb 21, 2012
Hi all again, ive found how to sort this problem so here goes what i had to do was find an older realtek lan driver which is driver realtek 8111E download this and reinstall graphics driver and jobs a good en hope this helps anyone that has the same problem

TyphX

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2010

yeah, i don't know why, but nvidia's graphics drivers seem to conflict with ethernet drivers a lot for me. i had a similar problem in which my internet was either 1/4th it's speed or not functioning at all with graphics drivers installed, but it worked fine without any drivers. i'm still on 290.53 beta drivers, i haven't checked for the latest ones though D:

QUICK EDIT: and i'd like to say, nice rig.

chuggs1977

Honorable
Feb 21, 2012
Thank you :D never seem to have had a problem with internet speed but im sure as you said its possible nothing would surprise me lol