Did I put back on the wrong jumper on my moherboard?

escuderoamj

Honorable
Aug 12, 2012
Hello,
I took the jumper out the cmos to reset but it fell and it took me awhile to find another one. It was hard to reach and I dont know if I did put it wrong. I have forgotten that I had the battery off before so mobo was with no jumper no bat for a long time because the phone rang and I had to answer before I lost the new jumper. my pc didnt turn on. not even the led mobo light. Help

escuderoamj

Honorable
Aug 12, 2012
He, thanks for your reply. I unplugged all the wires and pheriperials, I found the original jumper, replaced the battery and install everything back. the computer powered up immedialtely with the happy sigular beep. All the fans run nicely my problem now is that at the windows7 ultimate installation, at the pint where windows is looking for a hard drive, is not seeing the vertex3 120gb, Bios can see it, but windows don't. Can someone help me please?

escuderoamj

Honorable
Aug 12, 2012

Hey, thanks for replying. I see that you also have a Gigabyte mobo. By default, the array is set to AHCI and I didnt have to move it. But I will try to install W7Ultimate on my OCZV4 258GB to see what happens. Any suggestions? Thanks!

escuderoamj

Honorable
Aug 12, 2012

Hey thanks! but I really wish to save W7Ultimate on my SSD. :)

escuderoamj

Honorable
Aug 12, 2012

Hey thanks! I read the directions and I appreciate your help lot so much but I still have a question since that thread began last year. I have Windows Ultimate and I wish to know if there these directions could be for Windows 7 first edition only. :??:

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

I see nothing in the article that would make a difference which version/edition of Win7 one has. Besides, the thread is an active thread continually updated when necessary.

escuderoamj

Honorable
Aug 12, 2012
:)

Thank you... I will read it again :)