No start amd video converter in Amd driver 12.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ringzin

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2011
I Have hd 6670

i installed amd driver 12.1 and also installed optional amd codec

restarted pc but there is no start amd video converter in amd control centre?

help?

scout_03

Titan
Ambassador
(no start amd video converter) do you means by that you want to start a video conversion then you need a software to do it the ccc only give the result on graphic it is not a converter or video reader like windows media player or vlc and similar ones

bs1126

Honorable
Feb 26, 2012
same problem here!

System specs: corei5 2500k, 8gb ram, HD6870, win7 enterprise x64.

I just cleared all my previous catalyst (used driver sweeper). Rebooted 3 times. Downloaded latest catalyst from amd site (12.1). Installed CCC. Downloaded hydravision. Installed. Downloaded the other AMD video converter. Installed. Reboot.

Open the CCC......

ccc_videoconverter.PNG

Fail.

dwisen

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2009
AMD decided to leave it's x64 users out in the rain on this one...

Q: Why does ATI Video Converter not work on 64-bit operating systems when so many PCs are moving in that direction?
A: While the move to 64-bit is well underway, 32-bit OS’s satisfy the mainstream consumer and the ATI Video Converter was to fill that segment first. We are evaluating our roadmap for future improvements, including the possibility of offering a 64-bit solution.

http://hothardware.com/News/AMD-Responds-ATI-AVIVO-Video-Converter-Feedback/

saladin119

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012
Solution founded ..... instal AMD preview drivers version 12.2 end media converter buton is here again and working...
phenom 2 965; 6 gb of ram; ati 3870 x 2 ; end windows 7 profesional x64 .....previous procedure is same like here ....

New instalation of Windows... istaled sistem drivers..... Downloaded latest catalyst from amd site (12.1). Installed CCC. Downloaded hydravision. Installed. Downloaded the other AMD video converter. Installed. Reboot. Windows is x64....

p.s. sry for my bad spelling am from East Europe...

2008_dude

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012

dude, da link is from 2008...

marcolorenzo

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012
I have the same problem. I couldn't see the Start Video Converter option at all so I just tried to uninstall all my AMD driver/softwares and then also did a Driver Sweep to erase all traces of the drivers. I then reinstalled the Catalyst Packages including the AMD Media Codec Package (found on http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/radeon_win7-64.aspx#2) and then I went into the Catalyst Control Centre and voila, there it was! But then I suddenly get this message about how .NET Framework crashed and then the button was gone again! So I uninstalled Framework and reinstalled it again but still, the button wouldn't come back. I have a HD 6990m btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.