Sign in with
Your question
Closed

No start amd video converter in Amd driver 12.1

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 22, 2012 1:28:44 AM

I Have hd 6670

i installed amd driver 12.1 and also installed optional amd codec

restarted pc but there is no start amd video converter in amd control centre?

help?
a b À AMD
February 22, 2012 1:43:08 AM

which codec did you install
Score
February 22, 2012 1:44:59 AM

k lite mega codec pack
Score
Related resources
February 22, 2012 1:51:40 AM

i only need start amd video converter button on catalyst control centre
Score
February 22, 2012 1:54:15 AM

there is no start button after upgrading driver

any solution?
Score
a b À AMD
February 22, 2012 1:56:47 AM

in ccc go under video select video converter a page will open check activate video acceleration
Score
February 22, 2012 1:59:49 AM

i checked enable acceleration but problem still persists ?
Score
a b À AMD
February 22, 2012 2:23:41 AM

what you got in the ccc panel that is checked
Score
February 22, 2012 3:09:09 AM

enable acceleration
Score
a b À AMD
February 22, 2012 3:12:45 AM

now under video demo mode check activate video ful screen the middle box
Score
February 22, 2012 3:48:37 AM

i checked it nothing happened
Score
February 22, 2012 4:11:05 AM

i have installed it still no solution
Score
a b À AMD
February 22, 2012 4:19:15 AM

are you talking about amd's 'video codec engine (vce)'? it is found only in newer 7000 series cards. afaik amd hasn't enabled vce support in any of 7000 series cards.
Score
a b À AMD
February 22, 2012 7:36:46 PM

(no start amd video converter) do you means by that you want to start a video conversion then you need a software to do it the ccc only give the result on graphic it is not a converter or video reader like windows media player or vlc and similar ones
Score
February 27, 2012 1:36:24 AM

same problem here!

System specs: corei5 2500k, 8gb ram, HD6870, win7 enterprise x64.

I just cleared all my previous catalyst (used driver sweeper). Rebooted 3 times. Downloaded latest catalyst from amd site (12.1). Installed CCC. Downloaded hydravision. Installed. Downloaded the other AMD video converter. Installed. Reboot.

Open the CCC......

Fail.
Score
February 28, 2012 12:26:51 AM

AMD decided to leave it's x64 users out in the rain on this one...

Q: Why does ATI Video Converter not work on 64-bit operating systems when so many PCs are moving in that direction?
A: While the move to 64-bit is well underway, 32-bit OS’s satisfy the mainstream consumer and the ATI Video Converter was to fill that segment first. We are evaluating our roadmap for future improvements, including the possibility of offering a 64-bit solution.

http://hothardware.com/News/AMD-Responds-ATI-AVIVO-Vide...
Score
February 28, 2012 10:03:30 AM

Solution founded ..... instal AMD preview drivers version 12.2 end media converter buton is here again and working...
phenom 2 965; 6 gb of ram; ati 3870 x 2 ; end windows 7 profesional x64 .....previous procedure is same like here ....

New instalation of Windows... istaled sistem drivers..... Downloaded latest catalyst from amd site (12.1). Installed CCC. Downloaded hydravision. Installed. Downloaded the other AMD video converter. Installed. Reboot. Windows is x64....

p.s. sry for my bad spelling am from East Europe...
Score
February 29, 2012 6:12:35 AM

dwisen said:
AMD decided to leave it's x64 users out in the rain on this one...

Q: Why does ATI Video Converter not work on 64-bit operating systems when so many PCs are moving in that direction?
A: While the move to 64-bit is well underway, 32-bit OS’s satisfy the mainstream consumer and the ATI Video Converter was to fill that segment first. We are evaluating our roadmap for future improvements, including the possibility of offering a 64-bit solution.

http://hothardware.com/News/AMD-Responds-ATI-AVIVO-Vide...

dude, da link is from 2008...
Score
March 6, 2012 9:24:43 AM

I have the same problem. I couldn't see the Start Video Converter option at all so I just tried to uninstall all my AMD driver/softwares and then also did a Driver Sweep to erase all traces of the drivers. I then reinstalled the Catalyst Packages including the AMD Media Codec Package (found on http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/radeon_win...) and then I went into the Catalyst Control Centre and voila, there it was! But then I suddenly get this message about how .NET Framework crashed and then the button was gone again! So I uninstalled Framework and reinstalled it again but still, the button wouldn't come back. I have a HD 6990m btw.
Score
March 17, 2012 3:33:18 PM

That didn't help at all I'm afraid.
Score
March 19, 2012 8:25:04 PM

same problem here
Score
a b À AMD
March 19, 2012 11:12:42 PM

@jrazor247 do the same for you use the links
Score
March 19, 2012 11:39:34 PM

Whilst I appreciate the suggestions, don't you think we would've tried these options already? Especially since previously, people have already mentioned that they've done this but to no avail. I'm curious, for the people that doesn't seem to have this problem, do you have a notebook AMD card and the latest Catalyst installed?
Score
a b À AMD
March 19, 2012 11:48:15 PM

i got a tower with amd card on it and with the vision driver install after the catalyst one i could startvideo converter,your cc panel should be title amd vision engine control center,the notebook have to use the maker driver for graphic
Score
March 28, 2012 10:28:39 AM

OK, I got this working.

a) downloaded latest version from the AMD ATI site of Catalyst Control

this installed and I got the screen posted much earlier (with no "encode" button")

b) downloaded the latest AVIVO drivers (now just called Codecs if I remember) listed above

still got no encode button

c) Restarted computer and, hey presto! the following appeared (and hallelujah! it transcodes HD WTV - Windows TV file format - which all others fail to do properly!!!)

Score
March 28, 2012 2:53:10 PM

Well I'v done everything that people has suggsted but it's still not showing up. I will reformat my laptop next week so I'll report back if it's working.
Score
March 28, 2012 3:06:46 PM

marcolorenzo said:
Well I'v done everything that people has suggsted but it's still not showing up. I will reformat my laptop next week so I'll report back if it's working.

Just to ensure the right link for the AMD Codec: (you have to answer some questions first)
http://www.amdsurveys.com/se.ashx?s=5A1E27D23FD98DA7

Brian
Score
March 28, 2012 4:42:38 PM

Guys... they don't usually include the converter in their official (non beta) releases. You just have to go to the downloads page, then click Option Downloads and select the "AMD Media Codec Package" which says:
"Description:
Previously known as the Avivo(TM) Package
Package Includes:
AMD Video Converter*
Media codecs for transcoding applications
*AMD Video Converter will only work with ATI Radeon HD 2000 and above"
Score
March 28, 2012 9:27:22 PM

wolfram23 said:
Guys... they don't usually include the converter in their official (non beta) releases. You just have to go to the downloads page, then click Option Downloads and select the "AMD Media Codec Package" which says:
"Description:
Previously known as the Avivo(TM) Package
Package Includes:
AMD Video Converter*
Media codecs for transcoding applications
*AMD Video Converter will only work with ATI Radeon HD 2000 and above"

Please read through the previous posts. That has already been suggested.
Score
March 29, 2012 7:30:01 AM

bmilnes said:
Just to ensure the right link for the AMD Codec: (you have to answer some questions first)
http://www.amdsurveys.com/se.ashx?s=5A1E27D23FD98DA7

Brian

Yeah that's where i got it from originally.

scout_03: I don't know how many times we have to say this. Those suggestions have been done. They are not working for some of us.
Score
April 1, 2012 5:05:53 PM

Well I finally got it working. As you may know, AMD recently released the Catalyst 12.3 update. I don't know if it's because of this (I doubt it somehow) or the steps I took, but it's working now. Here's what I did:

Go into "Control Panel -> All Control Panel Items -> Programs and Features" and uninstall "AMD Catalyst Install Manager". When prompted, choose to uninstall all AMD software from your machine. You will then have to restart your computer. During restart, boot up into Safe Mode (usually by holding onto F8 before the Windows splash screen) and use Driver Sweeper by Phyxion.net to erase any remaining traces of AMD files. Then restart normally again.

Install the new Catalyst package (although if you have a Mobility Radeon card then I think the latest package is still 12.2) by going to:

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/rad...

and downloading the AMD Mobility Radeon™ Driver Verification Tool. Follow the instructions. After install, restart your computer. At this point, the video converter will still not work so like many people have previously suggested, go to:

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/rad...

and download the AMD Media Codec Package. Reboot again after install and it should now work. I don't know why installing this package before never seemed to help but after doing a complete fresh install of the Catalyst package, it now seems to work fine.
Score
a b À AMD
April 1, 2012 6:10:02 PM

@ marcolorenzo you post your issue on someone else post but you use a laptop so usually you need to use the laptop maker driver,also dont forget my answer is for a tour pc not a mobile graphic card
to mod since the original poster solve is isssue think this post could be close
Score
April 1, 2012 6:18:48 PM

scout_03 said:
@ marcolorenzo you post your issue on someone else post but you use a laptop so usually you need to use the laptop maker driver,also dont forget my answer is for a tour pc not a mobile graphic card

It's not "my own issue" if I'm experiencing the same problems as the original poster. And no, laptops doesn't "need" to use the laptop maker's driver since those are not usually kept up-to-date so much. There's a reason why companies like AMD provide drivers on their website for laptop users as well. Whether or not your answer was for a tower PC or laptop doesn't change the fact that you were simply repeating stuff that's been suggested several times already without anyone saying that it actually worked for them. I don't mean to be rude. I honestly appreciate it whenever someone tries to help but after using forums for as long as I can remember, it becomes really annoying to see someone jumping in without actually contributing anything new.
Score
April 9, 2012 2:09:24 PM

just uncheck Enable acceleration button then click apply then start video converter will appear in the top.. i m using ccc 12.3
when i first installed this driver this option wasn't visible first.

Score
July 6, 2012 9:43:55 PM

K, I think i figured it out. Download "AMD Media Codec Package" from amd's website. This will unzip some files in C:\amd. Go to where it unzipped and go to folders src\packages\apps. Here i opened AVIVO64 cause i have a 64-bit OS. Then install it from there.

Then go to the control center. Uncheck Enable acceleration and apply, then the video conversion button appeared. I rechecked enable acceleration after that.
Score
July 21, 2012 4:59:48 PM

Ok, on mine (12-6), I didn't have the converter showing either so using the suggestion by 5053red, I went to C:\AMD\Support\12-6_vista_win7_32-64_xcode\src\Bin64 and ran setup.exe

Once it installed I re-enabled the acceleration and the converter was available. Seems it just unzips and doesn't install.
Score
!