"Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed"

the dukey

Honorable
Feb 21, 2012
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed. That is what i read when i got the blue screen of death.
System specs:
970A-ud3 gigabyte motherboard
8gb ddr3 kingston RAM
OCZ zt psu 750w 80 plus bronze
radeon hd 6870
AMD FX-4100 Zambezi 3.6GHz quad core cpu
windows 7 64 bit

I put together this pc on friday of last week. it has been working fine since. i have all the updated drivers form my GPU. this happened when i clicked on a youtube video and it went to a black screen then the BSoD. i use this gpu for games like mc, LoL, swtor, and TF2. it hasnt happened in game. also, when viewing youtube videos previously before this happened it would display a gray exclamation point on the video, but i think that was a flashplayer problem. please help me, this is my 4TH PC. the first 3 were cyberpower and they all were terrible. i am a begginner at this stuff so help is very appreciated. i could have messed up in the installation of my hardware but i doubt it. i have 2 2x3 psu pins going into the card which i believe is correct. because on the wrapping it said "connector(s) options 1x4 pin, 1x6 pin, 1x8 pin, 2x4 pin,2x6pin, 2x8 pin, 1x8 pin+1x6 pin. and i figured two 2x3 pins are the same as a 2x6 pin. thank you for your time ask any questions and i will answer.

the dukey

Honorable
Feb 21, 2012

http://i01.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0 [...] -cable.jpg
i put two of these into it. ignore the sata part. but it was pci-e. and i am working on installing the drivers now. and yes i have flash and reinstalled it.

the dukey

Honorable
Feb 21, 2012

whoops i am wrong instead of 2 4pins i used 2 3pins. also i just checked a video on a 6870 and i hooked up it up right so that isnt the problem.

the dukey

Honorable
Feb 21, 2012

http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?cid=1&gid=3&sgid=1037&pid=1236&psn=&lid=1&leg=0#
this is where i downloaded all my drivers. i downloaded all 4.

the dukey

Honorable
Feb 21, 2012

how should i go about removing these drivers?

scout_03

Titan
Ambassador
just load the amd on dektop will install after reboot,l in control panel under Programs and Features you will see amd catalyst install manager click to open modify then click follow you will see a boxat the bottom name uninstall click on then follow that should uninstall all the catalyst driver

the dukey

Honorable
Feb 21, 2012
okay. here whats up. right before going to unistall when browsing the web it the screen flickered and went to black. but the video card was recoverd so i didnt get blue screen. then while uninstalling the screen went black for a few minutes until i rebooted the computer. then i uninstalled without the screen freezing and i now reinstalle catalyst and both the optional drivers that you linked me

the dukey

Honorable
Feb 21, 2012

nothing new has happened yet regarding my gpu. but i just bought deus ex human revolution and when trying to set it up i got bsod and this message "A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within the allocated time interval"

the dukey

Honorable
Feb 21, 2012
yeah i got the new bios and it is fine. but now just again i got the blue screen when just playing music while cleaning my room. and randomly i get like mouse stutter. so do you think i should RMA the card?