Sign in with
Your question

Can\'t enter bios after installing new graphics card.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 22, 2012 2:15:30 AM

I goofed because I didn't change setting in the bios before changing card. The old card was reinstalled to no avail. Might be static on the old card. Nothing shows on my screen and I can't adjust my setting. HELP Please.
a c 91 U Graphics card
February 22, 2012 2:34:03 AM

reset cmos first
m
l
a b U Graphics card
February 22, 2012 2:37:30 AM

If you are unable to get any video from either the new card or the old card then try clearing the cmos by following your motherboard's instructions. If your motherboard doesn't have instructions for this, you can unplug your machine from the wall and remove the cmos battery (it is usually a shiny little coin-shaped cell) for a few minutes. Then put the battery back in, plug back into the wall and try to boot again.

Be very mindful of static at all times when working in your machine. Periodically, touch the metal of your computer case to clear any charge you may have.
m
l
Related resources
February 23, 2012 3:11:54 PM

I found the problem. It was a connection from upgraded power supply.
m
l
February 23, 2012 3:30:48 PM

larkspur said:
If you are unable to get any video from either the new card or the old card then try clearing the cmos by following your motherboard's instructions. If your motherboard doesn't have instructions for this, you can unplug your machine from the wall and remove the cmos battery (it is usually a shiny little coin-shaped cell) for a few minutes. Then put the battery back in, plug back into the wall and try to boot again.

Be very mindful of static at all times when working in your machine. Periodically, touch the metal of your computer case to clear any charge you may have.

THANK YOU For taking the TIME with my problem.
m
l
!