Sign in with
Your question

BF3 Vs. My Computer

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 22, 2012 3:56:44 AM

Hey guys I just wanted to know how you think my Computer will par with BF3.

Case (CoolerMaster HAF 932 Advanced Full Tower Gaming Case - Black)) I love these Cases, I highly recommend!
Processor (AMD A8-3870K APU (4x 3.00GHz/4MB L2 Cache) Black edition
Processor Cooling (Asetek 550LC Liquid CPU Cooling System (AMD) - ARC Dual Silent High Performance Fan (Push-Pull Airflow)
(16 GB [4 GB X4] DDR3-1600 Memory Module ) I know I know 16G is high maybe too high... But! It was FREE.
Video Card Crossfired/Dual AMD 6790 1gb That's 2 of em' guys. Might push em' a bit, but as far as I know they should be sufficient
([CrossFire] ASUS F1A75-V PRO Made for the CrossFire
Power Supply (800 Watt) Burn baby Burn
Primary Hard Drive 120GB ADATA S510 SSD. SSD Baby!
Data Hard Drive 1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 32M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s. One T is plenty enough...
([12X Blu-Ray] LG BLU-RAY Reader, DVD±R/±RW Burner Combo Drive - Black Nothing Fancy, gets the job done!
Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio. Medium, but Ill be wearing turtle beaches!
Killer 2100 Gaming Network Card When you plug it in... It pushes out! Seriously I recommend this one. 50+ Ping drop
Operating System (Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium + Office Starter 2010 (Includes basic versions of Word and Excel) - 64-Bit DAMN YOU WINDOWS!!!!!
Wireless adapter (LINKSYS AE1000 802.11n Dual-Band Wireless USB Adapter) Can't really get to much better.

So let me know guys or Gals! What Quality setting do you think I can hit at what resolutions! Comp comes in three days! Ill make a Youtube vid and post the aftermath here later! Look forward from hearing your opinions!

((Keep the Gaming Fist Strong!))

More about : bf3 computer

February 22, 2012 4:09:08 AM

poorly planned rig.

1920x1080p high settings
1280x1024 ultra with lowered aa
1680x1050 ultra with no aa and low shadows
m
l
February 22, 2012 4:15:40 AM

manu 11 said:
poorly planned rig.

1920x1080p high settings
1280x1024 ultra with lowered aa
1680x1050 ultra with no aa and low shadows

Ah Yes? What would you change? I Personally not looking for Ultra Settings - Just smooth Play. Besides It will still look better that the Xbox 360 :)  Thanks for your imput!
m
l
Related resources
February 22, 2012 4:31:23 AM

I suggest going intel, preferably for me i5-2400 no overclocking, that means getting a new MoBo as well. Also I wouldn't crossfire, just get a beefy GPU...I'd just go with a R6870...lol. Also I know the 16GB of ram was "free" but honestly notch it down to 4 or 8gb of ram (2 x 2GB) -- (2 x 4GB)...Are you getting it pre-built, lol? Something is telling me you're you've a free 16GB of ram, and what not...
m
l
February 22, 2012 4:41:01 AM

* Why do you need a slow CPU with integrated GPU? Get Phenom II X4 980 Black Edition instead.

Processor Cooling (Asetek 550LC Liquid CPU Cooling System (AMD)
* No point in getting water cooling. Get COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO instead.

Video Card Crossfired/Dual AMD 6790 1gb That's 2 of em' guys.
* Crap. Get one GTX 560 Ti instead.
m
l
February 22, 2012 4:43:33 AM

shell shocke said:
I suggest going intel, preferably for me i5-2400 no overclocking, that means getting a new MoBo as well. Also I wouldn't crossfire, just get a beefy GPU...I'd just go with a R6870...lol. Also I know the 16GB of ram was "free" but honestly notch it down to 4 or 8gb of ram (2 x 2GB) -- (2 x 4GB)...Are you getting it pre-built, lol? Something is telling me you're you've a free 16GB of ram, and what not...

I would go intel as well, however this was a bit cheaper! Also I got the cards Crossfired free as well XD. I plan and going to a 8G Ram! 16G is excessive..... It will be a simple switch! :D  It Is being pre-built by my a friend of mine who owns a Custom CPU Company! I am not allowed to disclose the name of the company...Yet. Muhahaha. I have a bet with him. Ive researched the crossfire compatibility with BF3 and it works fine! So they say ;) 

Also here is a vid of BF3 On Ultra 1280/720 Almost same build, My Pros is better also black edition and he is not using crossfire. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0T8dpkAtxk&feature=rela...
m
l
February 22, 2012 4:51:38 AM

rmpumper said:
* Why do you need a slow CPU with integrated GPU? Get Phenom II X4 980 Black Edition instead.

Processor Cooling (Asetek 550LC Liquid CPU Cooling System (AMD)
* No point in getting water cooling. Get COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO instead.

Video Card Crossfired/Dual AMD 6790 1gb That's 2 of em' guys.
* Crap. Get one GTX 560 Ti instead.

Trollolol. You should have seen the argument about how crap the 560Ti was against this card! Thank you for your input though it is valuable! Ive personally played with the 560Ti, SLI as well. The difference is little. This is not really a "What to get better on your Comp, but a bet to see how it will run! There will be a video posted by me!

Oh and take a look at this sir, this is the side by side comparison

http://www.gpureview.com/show_cards.php?card1=641&card2... :)  Thats vs a single If you select Multi GPU you can see the specs if they were crossfired! Enjoy!

Just found more info! This is the 560 vs a weaker card than mine! :)  BF3 Benchmark Ultra 1920x1200
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/511?vs=543
m
l
February 22, 2012 11:37:58 AM

Xerxcuss said:
Trollolol. You should have seen the argument about how crap the 560Ti was against this card! Thank you for your input though it is valuable! Ive personally played with the 560Ti, SLI as well. The difference is little. This is not really a "What to get better on your Comp, but a bet to see how it will run! There will be a video posted by me!

Oh and take a look at this sir, this is the side by side comparison

http://www.gpureview.com/show_cards.php?card1=641&card2... :)  Thats vs a single If you select Multi GPU you can see the specs if they were crossfired! Enjoy!

Just found more info! This is the 560 vs a weaker card than mine! :)  BF3 Benchmark Ultra 1920x1200
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/511?vs=543

That video card comparison you posted is for a 560 , the guy said 560ti....
m
l
February 22, 2012 2:14:28 PM

Xerxcuss said:
Ah Yes? What would you change? I Personally not looking for Ultra Settings - Just smooth Play. Besides It will still look better that the Xbox 360 :)  Thanks for your imput!

i3 2100
any h61 mobo
nice 560ti or 6950, your game play would be much better, smooth and beautiful than the one you are buying.

its not the matter of adjustment, its the matter of what price to performance you are getting.
m
l
February 22, 2012 2:24:48 PM

But his friend with a top secret "CPU" building company is building it, its got to be gud! Sorry any company who builds what it calls gaming rigs with APUs and crossfired 6790 may as well stay secret, thats garbage.
m
l
February 22, 2012 2:29:10 PM

If you want to go AMD for proc, use a 1090T/1100T or one of the Bulldozers. You won't need the integrated GPU if you're already putting graphics cards in your rig. If you want to go intel, an i5-2400 or an i7-2600K would be premium. You could even get a sandy e-series i7-3820 so that you'll have PCIe 3.0 slots to work with when the new cards drop but that's a big price increase.

I am not necessarily a fan of ATI cards (I know...irony) but they'll do the job. I love my Intel SSD but that isn't going to be your bottleneck so no sweat.

I am rocking an FX-8150 and a loaner 560 until the 580s get cheap when the 600 series drops later this year. I have mine running High on all settings (minus AA & motion blur) without any overclocking and it does just fine.
m
l
February 22, 2012 2:41:55 PM

I don't understand why you're getting an APU, with water cooling, and then crossfiring two low end cards, while putting a fairly high end sound card and a completely useless network card in a high end gaming case....SO much of this screems crap build...I smell a troll...
m
l
February 22, 2012 2:50:06 PM

For a new build I would definitely just get the best single GPU you can afford which gives you the future upgrade path of crossfire.

If you plan on playing BF3 multiplayer then I would also recommend an Intel processor as the multiplayer is quite CPU intensive.

I think for a rig of this caliber that is built for playing BF3, you are wasting your money on the cpu cooler, network card, sound card and expensive case. This would be money better spent on GPU, processor and motherboard which would more directly and positively impact game performance. I would also make sure that is a quality power supply (I don't think you mentioned what model it is) for your crossfire setup, although if it's a good one, 800W may be overkill which again is money that could be spent on components that more directly impact gameplay.
m
l
February 22, 2012 2:51:28 PM

You need to choose a better processor and graphics card to play BF3 with decent settings. This system is a poorly mismatched creature that will suffer from microstutter and hiccups.

The processor you have chosen is great for a laptop... If you must go with AMD get a high end AMD processor (phenom II 955 and up) or a Bulldozer FX4100 or better.

Right now at stock speeds a $120 i3 2100 will beat any AMD proc in gaming, period.

As far as graphics... That xfire setup will cause microstutter, meaning the cards will produce higher framerates by having each card create a similiar frame. Sure it produced more frames per second but the frames were the same frame so to your eyes it looks like the image is jolting and/or at a lower framerate. A single faster GPU would be much better. Toms H recommends not creating a dual card setup with cards lesser than the GTX 560 Ti or the Radeon 6950 to prevent microstutter. But a single card of either would perform better than your double 6790s

Use the NIC on your mobo. It is fine. You will not notice better gameplay with an addon NIC.

Mobo sound is fine. The sound on modern mobos is excellent. don't let marketing sway you to spend $ on the same quality sound.

The cooler you have chosen is silly. It is expensive and does not cool better. Get the old standby Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus or EVO(if you feel fancy). It will cool better and cost half the price.

Take money you saved on all the unnecessaries and put it to processor and graphics upgrade.
m
l
February 23, 2012 3:32:18 AM

Wow I really appreciate everyone opinion on this CPU build so far! You have all given me great advice and all of you are probably wondering," Why is this Build so weird???"
Well I'll let the cat out of the bag.

I DID NOT PAY A CENT FOR THIS BUILD! :) 

Thats right not a cent. Just was some parts left over at my friends company that I told him to put together! Trust me, this WAS the best build I could make with the scraps. Id say the nicest thing on the build id the case. It rocks.

SO my intentions: I do plan on staying with ATI. I do want to upgrade my GPU, Processor, maybe the mobo.

In a few weeks I will have a budget of $1000. With that $1000, whould could be the best possible switch I could make on this build?

Again thank you all for your input! I look forward to hearing more Advice, Criticize, and trolling!
m
l
February 23, 2012 3:03:10 PM

Xerxcuss said:
Wow I really appreciate everyone opinion on this CPU build so far! You have all given me great advice and all of you are probably wondering," Why is this Build so weird???"
Well I'll let the cat out of the bag.

I DID NOT PAY A CENT FOR THIS BUILD! :) 

Thats right not a cent. Just was some parts left over at my friends company that I told him to put together! Trust me, this WAS the best build I could make with the scraps. Id say the nicest thing on the build id the case. It rocks.

SO my intentions: I do plan on staying with ATI. I do want to upgrade my GPU, Processor, maybe the mobo.

In a few weeks I will have a budget of $1000. With that $1000, whould could be the best possible switch I could make on this build?

Again thank you all for your input! I look forward to hearing more Advice, Criticize, and trolling!

Man you need to calm down a little, maybe less coffee would be good? :lol: 

Anyways if it was me, I'd just keep the case since you seem to like it so much, sell everything else (except maybe the power supply, HDD and SSD, depending on quality) and start over. Although this might be a lame thing to do since apparently all this stuff was given to you for free. :) 
m
l
February 29, 2012 12:33:10 AM

Wel just to let you guys know I'm currently play BF3 on ultra with the highest resolution. No microstuder. Im currently building a video that I will post online! Thank you for your comments so far!
m
l
February 29, 2012 12:39:30 AM

Yes im sure the VRAM of 1gb can handle everything on ultra. Maybe at 1440x900 res.
m
l
!