Shortcut icon missing in taskline

Hello,
under W98, I used to have a shortcut icon on the taskline that would
minimize all active windows at once and let me see my desktop.
On my new PC under XP I´m missing this taskline icon. How can I install
that shortcut icon?

Herb Henkler
3 answers Last reply
More about shortcut icon missing taskline

    On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 10:04:50 +0100, henkler wrote:

    > Hello,
    > under W98, I used to have a shortcut icon on the taskline that would
    > minimize all active windows at once and let me see my desktop.
    > On my new PC under XP I´m missing this taskline icon. How can I install
    > that shortcut icon?
    >
    > Herb Henkler

    That shortcut belongs to the Quick Launch toolbar. To display the toolbar,
    right click the taskbar and select Toolbars> Quick Launch.

    If still no "Show Desktop" icon: Right click the taskbar and if there is a
    check next to Lock the Taskbar, click once to remove it. You will notice a
    subtle change to the taskbar and will see a raised divider appear outlining
    the boundaries of the Quick Launch toolbar. Resize the toolbar with the
    mouse so that all Quick Launch shortcuts are exposed.

    It the icon is truly missing, see Ramesh's directions in his response.

    NOTE: Pressing the Windows key +D performs the same toggle as "Show
    Desktop."

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    Herb,

    Click Start, Run and type this command:

    regsvr32 /n /i:U shell32

    The Show Desktop SCF file should now be available.

    To create the shortcut manually, see:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=190355

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "henkler" <1122-217@online.de> wrote in message news:41A994B2.E2748683@online.de...
    Hello,
    under W98, I used to have a shortcut icon on the taskline that would
    minimize all active windows at once and let me see my desktop.
    On my new PC under XP I´m missing this taskline icon. How can I install
    that shortcut icon?

    Herb Henkler

    The keyboard shortcut to minimize all active windows is the Windows Key + D.