How to move the taskbar

Hello,

My kid somehow moved the taskbar from the bottom of the screen to the right
side. Can someone tell me how to move it back? I know in pre-WinXP
versions, you could just drag and drop it. This does not seem to be the case
on my system.

Thanks,
Rich
4 answers Last reply
More about move taskbar

    Hi Rich

    You should be able to drag and drop it with the left mouse button. Make
    sure that the Taskbar in unlocked first.

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "rich" <rich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > My kid somehow moved the taskbar from the bottom of the screen to the
    > right
    > side. Can someone tell me how to move it back? I know in pre-WinXP
    > versions, you could just drag and drop it. This does not seem to be the
    > case
    > on my system.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Rich

    Hi Will,

    When I right-click on the taskbar, unlocked is not checked. Am I missing
    something? Is there a sub-menu or something non-obvious that I may be
    missing?

    Thanks,
    Rich

    "Will Denny" wrote:

    > Hi Rich
    >
    > You should be able to drag and drop it with the left mouse button. Make
    > sure that the Taskbar in unlocked first.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Will Denny
    > MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
    > Please reply to the News Groups
    >

    > "rich" <rich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > My kid somehow moved the taskbar from the bottom of the screen to the
    > > right
    > > side. Can someone tell me how to move it back? I know in pre-WinXP
    > > versions, you could just drag and drop it. This does not seem to be the
    > > case
    > > on my system.
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > Rich

    Hi Rich

    There's no sub menu for locking/unlocking the Taskbar. Make sure that 'Lock
    the Taskbar' is not enabled, then try dragging it to the bottom of the
    screen.

    --

    > Hi Will,
    >
    > When I right-click on the taskbar, unlocked is not checked. Am I missing
    > something? Is there a sub-menu or something non-obvious that I may be
    > missing?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Rich
    >
    > "Will Denny" wrote:
    >
    >> Hi Rich
    >>
    >> You should be able to drag and drop it with the left mouse button. Make
    >> sure that the Taskbar in unlocked first.
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Will Denny
    >> MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
    >> Please reply to the News Groups
    >>

    >> "rich" <rich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Hello,
    >> >
    >> > My kid somehow moved the taskbar from the bottom of the screen to the
    >> > right
    >> > side. Can someone tell me how to move it back? I know in pre-WinXP
    >> > versions, you could just drag and drop it. This does not seem to be
    >> > the
    >> > case
    >> > on my system.
    >> >
    >> > Thanks,
    >> > Rich

    Ok, thank ya much!

    "Will Denny" wrote:

    > Hi Rich
    >
    > There's no sub menu for locking/unlocking the Taskbar. Make sure that 'Lock
    > the Taskbar' is not enabled, then try dragging it to the bottom of the
    > screen.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Will Denny
    > MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
    > Please reply to the News Groups
    >

    > "rich" <rich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi Will,
    > >
    > > When I right-click on the taskbar, unlocked is not checked. Am I missing
    > > something? Is there a sub-menu or something non-obvious that I may be
    > > missing?
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > Rich
    > >
    > > "Will Denny" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Hi Rich
    > >>
    > >> You should be able to drag and drop it with the left mouse button. Make
    > >> sure that the Taskbar in unlocked first.
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >>
    > >> Will Denny
    > >> MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
    > >> Please reply to the News Groups
    > >>

    > >> "rich" <rich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Configuration Taskbar Customization Windows XP