Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Nokia 3100 + GPRS + laptop

Tags:
  • Nokia
  • Laptops
Last response: in Brands
Share
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
May 1, 2004 3:11:43 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

Dear all,

Is this possible with Nokia 3100 (Laptop connects to GPRS internet via
Nokia 3100)? If so, what are the things I need, and how to set them
up?

Thanks..

--mendonan

More about : nokia 3100 gprs laptop

May 2, 2004 7:31:08 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

mendonan@absolute-p.ath.cx (Senandung Mendonan) wrote in message news:<1d5bdf1c.0405011011.5a5b2ecd@posting.google.com>...
> Dear all,
>
> Is this possible with Nokia 3100 (Laptop connects to GPRS internet via
> Nokia 3100)? If so, what are the things I need, and how to set them
> up?
>
> Thanks..
>
> --mendonan

Hi,

To connect to your 3100 and laptop, you can use a
data cable. you can find a usb data cable for your 3100 at
http://www.vavolo.com

you should choose USB data cables instead of data cables connected by
serial port too to achieve higher transmission rate.

i used the data cable for my 7250 and it works fine.

ashley

p.s. i got a coupon for vavolo.com $4, just enter 9016388333 while you
checkout, enjoy!
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
May 2, 2004 10:02:03 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

iawuis@hotmail.com (Ashley) wrote in message news:<689a3977.0405020231.4ee6fc55@posting.google.com>...
> mendonan@absolute-p.ath.cx (Senandung Mendonan) wrote in message news:<1d5bdf1c.0405011011.5a5b2ecd@posting.google.com>...
>
> > Is this possible with Nokia 3100 (Laptop connects to GPRS internet via
> > Nokia 3100)? If so, what are the things I need, and how to set them
> > up?
>
> To connect to your 3100 and laptop, you can use a
> data cable. you can find a usb data cable for your 3100 at
> http://www.vavolo.com
>
> you should choose USB data cables instead of data cables connected by
> serial port too to achieve higher transmission rate.
>
> i used the data cable for my 7250 and it works fine.

Just to confirm -- (1) you used the data cable to connect to your 7250
to your laptop, then (2) your laptop connects to the Internet using
your 7250's GRPS connection?

Reason I'm asking is that according to a local network provider
personnel, I need to buy a "GPRS cable" instead of the normal "data
cable". (?) Furthermore, the person said that my Nokia model (3100) is
not supported yet for laptop GRPS use. Something about drivers not yet
available.. etc.

Thanks..
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
May 3, 2004 6:28:01 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

On 2 May 2004 18:02:03 -0700, mendonan@absolute-p.ath.cx (Senandung
Mendonan) wrote:

>iawuis@hotmail.com (Ashley) wrote in message news:<689a3977.0405020231.4ee6fc55@posting.google.com>...
>> mendonan@absolute-p.ath.cx (Senandung Mendonan) wrote in message news:<1d5bdf1c.0405011011.5a5b2ecd@posting.google.com>...
>>
>> > Is this possible with Nokia 3100 (Laptop connects to GPRS internet via
>> > Nokia 3100)? If so, what are the things I need, and how to set them
>> > up?
>>
>> To connect to your 3100 and laptop, you can use a
>> data cable. you can find a usb data cable for your 3100 at
>> http://www.vavolo.com
>>
>> you should choose USB data cables instead of data cables connected by
>> serial port too to achieve higher transmission rate.
>>
>> i used the data cable for my 7250 and it works fine.
>
>Just to confirm -- (1) you used the data cable to connect to your 7250
>to your laptop, then (2) your laptop connects to the Internet using
>your 7250's GRPS connection?
>
>Reason I'm asking is that according to a local network provider
>personnel, I need to buy a "GPRS cable" instead of the normal "data
>cable". (?) Furthermore, the person said that my Nokia model (3100) is
>not supported yet for laptop GRPS use. Something about drivers not yet
>available.. etc.
>
>Thanks..


the 3100 has no built in modem, it has gprs for wap only. you cannot
dialup to the internet using a 3100 and a pc.
!