CPU Cooler for E4300

abhinavdabral

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2012
Hey guys,

I am from India, and I have a HTPC setup with C2D E4300 (@1.80GHz, Stock Speed). And, I was thinking to overclocking it a little, maybe upto 2.8GHz or a little more if possible.

The temperatures for that, are as follows : (Idle/Full Load) * ALL TEMPS ARE IN Celsius *
- Mid Summers : 55°/72°
- Winters : 45°/62°
- These Days (Kinda cold because of Rain) : 52°/66°

Last night, I overclocked it to 2.25GHz (250x9) and the temps went to 55°/73° within just a couple of minutes of Stress Test (using AIDA64), it should have been hitted 78° for sure, if I had stressed it for like 45 min - 1 hour.

So, I was thinking to get a cheap aftermarket cooler (because I don't want to spend much on it), and so far I've chosen the Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO.

Now the Questions :
Q1. Do you guys think that, it will make a big difference ?
Q2. And, if so, then how far do you guys think, I'll be able to push that chip without burning it ?
Q3. What are the safe temps for E4300 ? I am assuming 70° at full load.

ADDITIONAL INFO : My Room is kinda hot (Room Temp is 27°, these days). But still the case fan I have (A local Rs.120/2$ appx. fan), makes the temps drop by 10°-12° in just a few seconds as soon as I stop stressing the CPU.

Here are the coolers that are available to me,
http://www.flipkart.com/computers/components/processor-cooler-20403

If you think, that there is something else in that price range more effective, then please suggest.

Thank you
-Abhinav

EDIT : Forgot to add the price range, it's under Rs. 2000 (Approx. roughly under 40$).

CM_USA

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012
Aftermarket coolers will always be better than the original stock cooler. Your ambient temperature is a concern as it may vary time to time.

I believe, at full load, 70degrees C is the threshold. Anything higher than that will be too hot for your system.

abhinavdabral

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2012

Thank you for replying :)

I'll post the results of temperatures and the stable overclock I would be able to do on that with aftermarket cooler, as soon as I'll buy one.