Sign in with
Your question

Driver Update for Graphic Cards

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
February 22, 2012 5:22:31 PM

How much difference can a driver update make on the graphic card's performance??

Regards
February 22, 2012 5:32:13 PM

Nvidia put out a geforce update yesterday and it gave like a 60% performance game with Skyrim specifically, and they named some other enhancements. It just depends on the update and the game, but yes they can help.
a b U Graphics card
February 22, 2012 5:43:38 PM

And to add to cody's reply. Some games may recommend or require a driver update. also if your running SLI/Crossfire, the drivers for Multi GPU profiles may be needed for that game. But yes to answer question. I update my driver to the latest one when its released. if its not doing what i want, or it has issues. I roll back to the driver before it
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
February 22, 2012 5:48:45 PM

Cheers for the replies. Another question. I am running a SLI with GTX260. If I download and install the new nvidia driver, will it update the drivers for both cards?
a b U Graphics card
February 22, 2012 5:51:00 PM

Theres only 1 driver, but yes itll work for both.
February 22, 2012 7:02:14 PM

The latest driver package for your card will support all GeForce 8 and newer cards installed in your system with a single installation. This is generally true of all families of hardware that share the same drivers.
!