Documents and Settings

Under the Explore All Users list, I have Documents and Settings files with
subfiles(All Users, Mike, Carol). I also have Documents & Settings.000 with
subfiles (Administrator, All Users, Default Users, Owner). Seems like too
many unneccesary duplicate files. Can I correct this without deleting
necessary files.

Do you have...

Documents and Settings
and
Documents and Settings.000

If so...

For Documents and Settings.000 See this thread
http://forum.aumha.org/viewtopic.php?t=5575

This explains the .000
HOW TO: Restore a User Profile in Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314045

Also...

Folders Default Local Disk
Default Local Disk Folders

Folder Name: Documents and Settings
Contents: Account information for each user who is granted access on the
computer. Each user account is represented by a subfolder assigned the user
name. Folders under each user account folder include My Documents, Desktop,
and Start Menu.

These include:

Administrator
All Users
Default User
LocalService
NetworkService
You

Some of the above are Hidden folders.
These are System folders and shouldn't be deleted.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:EF26D44C-0DA3-41F1-8F16-D854CCF31341@microsoft.com,