Documents and Settings

Under the Explore All Users list, I have Documents and Settings files with
subfiles(All Users, Mike, Carol). I also have Documents & Settings.000 with
subfiles (Administrator, All Users, Default Users, Owner). Seems like too
many unneccesary duplicate files. Can I correct this without deleting
necessary files.
1 answer Last reply
More about documents settings

    Do you have...

    Documents and Settings
    and
    Documents and Settings.000

    If so...

    For Documents and Settings.000 See this thread
    http://forum.aumha.org/viewtopic.php?t=5575

    This explains the .000
    HOW TO: Restore a User Profile in Windows 2000
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314045

    Also...

    Folders Default Local Disk
    Default Local Disk Folders

    Folder Name: Documents and Settings
    Contents: Account information for each user who is granted access on the
    computer. Each user account is represented by a subfolder assigned the user
    name. Folders under each user account folder include My Documents, Desktop,
    and Start Menu.

    These include:

    Administrator
    All Users
    Default User
    LocalService
    NetworkService
    You

    Some of the above are Hidden folders.
    These are System folders and shouldn't be deleted.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:EF26D44C-0DA3-41F1-8F16-D854CCF31341@microsoft.com,