Closed Solved

Am i able to upgrade video cards?

Hi, i don't really know much about computers but I am looking to upgrade my video card, the one i currently have is a NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M, which in my opinion sucks... I mainly play MMo's and this is a lap top i play on, I have a Dell XPS L502X with a Intel Core i7-2720qm cpu @2.20GHz with 8gb's of RAM. I feel like m y video card is really holding me back and would greatly appreciate any input on what i can do or if i can even upgrade my video card. If anyone can help me out on finding what i exactly need or steer me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about upgrade video cards
  1. Best answer
    You have a laptop. The graphics card is actually a chip soldered to the motherboard and is not upgradeable.
  2. Unfortunately, you cannot change the video card on a laptop computer. Almost completely across the board, the GPU you get when you buy a laptop is the one you are stuck with for the life of that laptop. More specifically, you cannot upgrade the video card on a Dell XPS L502X.

Sorry!
  3. alright, thanks guys. Not something i wanted to hear =( but guess i'll have to make the plan of building my own desktop... Thanks again.
  4. 15hector85 said:
    alright, thanks guys. Not something i wanted to hear =( but guess i'll have to make the plan of building my own desktop... Thanks again.

Try to look at it as a great opportunity! I recently ditched my notebook and built my own desktop. It's tons of fun to do, plus there are so many benefits even though you're giving up the mobility.
  5. Best answer selected by 15hector85.
  6. This topic has been closed by Maziar
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Dell Studio Xps Graphics