Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Am i able to upgrade video cards?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 22, 2012 7:00:03 PM

Hi, i don't really know much about computers but I am looking to upgrade my video card, the one i currently have is a NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M, which in my opinion sucks... I mainly play MMo's and this is a lap top i play on, I have a Dell XPS L502X with a Intel Core i7-2720qm cpu @2.20GHz with 8gb's of RAM. I feel like m y video card is really holding me back and would greatly appreciate any input on what i can do or if i can even upgrade my video card. If anyone can help me out on finding what i exactly need or steer me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

More about : upgrade video cards

Best solution

a c 256 U Graphics card
February 22, 2012 7:09:00 PM

You have a laptop. The graphics card is actually a chip soldered to the motherboard and is not upgradeable.
February 22, 2012 7:09:32 PM

Unfortunately, you cannot change the video card on a laptop computer. Almost completely across the board, the GPU you get when you buy a laptop is the one you are stuck with for the life of that laptop. More specifically, you cannot upgrade the video card on a Dell XPS L502X.

Sorry!
Score
Related resources
February 22, 2012 8:01:21 PM

alright, thanks guys. Not something i wanted to hear =( but guess i'll have to make the plan of building my own desktop... Thanks again.
Score
February 22, 2012 8:07:26 PM

15hector85 said:
alright, thanks guys. Not something i wanted to hear =( but guess i'll have to make the plan of building my own desktop... Thanks again.

Try to look at it as a great opportunity! I recently ditched my notebook and built my own desktop. It's tons of fun to do, plus there are so many benefits even though you're giving up the mobility.
Score
March 13, 2012 12:18:24 AM

Best answer selected by 15hector85.
Score
a c 169 U Graphics card
March 13, 2012 11:08:17 AM

This topic has been closed by Maziar
Score
!