michaelearth

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2012
Approximate Purchase Date: August at the earliest

Budget Range: Not sure about this one. Maybe $500-$1000

System Usage from Most to Least Important: 1. GAMING! ha 2. Movies 3.Internet ( But I have a laptop that I would use instead for both internet and movies.

Parts Not Required: I don't need a monitor or speakers.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: As long as its really cheap and reliable with a good return policy, I don't care.

Parts Preferences: CPU must be Intel and everything else does not matter to me.

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: Yes

Monitor Resolution: At least 1920x1080

Additional Comments: My rig must be able to play games at maxed out settings. (First Person Shooters, Strategy Games, Sports Games) This is my main reason for being interested in PC Gaming. I want to have the best possible graphics. Below are a few questions i have:

1. I have no experience building computers, but I know that building one your self is much cheaper. So my question is, would someone like me who has no experience be able to put all the parts together?

2. Can you replace every single part at a later date including the CPU? I would like a setup where it IS possible to replace every single part if possible.

3. My biggest fear are the controls. I am so used to using a controller (PS3) that Im scared I would hate using a keyboard and mouse. I know you can use a Xbox 360 controller, but what I've heard is by doing that you put yourself at an extreme disadvantage to people who use a mouse and keyboard online. Whats your guys opinion on this?

Thanks!!

cumi2k4

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2011
1. Yes... it will take a bit more time and patience, but as long as you're careful and well informed, you'd be on your way building your future PCs (and fixing your neighboors' and relatives :p)
2. For the time being, if you pick Intel build, make sure you did not pick the ones with obsolete socket (you have to replace motherboard if you want to upgrade sometime in the future)... but generally, you can replace everything in a pc (also make sure you get big enough CPU case for any monster graphic cards and hdd addons)
3. For single player FPS, sure you can use controllers...but at multiplayer, you'd be better off learning to use mouse & keyboard (it's the twitch reflex ability, i guess..)

TRENDING THREADS