Sign in with
Your question

Front Panel Headphone Jack Not Working

Last response: in Components
August 13, 2012 10:26:28 AM

Hey guys!

First time posters so I'm not 100% sure if this is in the correct thread.

Basically, my mate helped me put my new PC together, all the parts were all brand new and sealed. The PC works fine, but I never actually tested the front panel. The 2 USB's slots work fine, but the headphone jacks don't seem to work.

I have to put a lot of force onto my headphones to put it into the jack, but I'm afraid to put any more force to it incase it breaks or gets stuck :??: 

Has anyone had this issue or know how to get around this?

I have a CoolerMaster 343

Thanks in advance,
Ryan
August 13, 2012 12:05:56 PM

Make sure the cable for the front audio panel is connected to the header on the motherboard. just because the usb works doesnt mean anything, they are seperate cables.
check your motherboard manual and it should have the front audio panel header listed on it.
August 13, 2012 12:25:16 PM

Thanks for the reply, I'll give it a check when I'm home. It is worth risking pushing a headphone jack into it, cause I can only get it in about half way without much force. It might be working, I just can't get my headphones into it.
Related resources
August 13, 2012 12:38:19 PM

See if there is anything stuck in it, certainly if the headphones only go 1/2 way you won't get any sound regardless of if its hooked up right or not
The headphone socket on my last case wa very very tight fit, wiggle the headphone side to side a bit while you push it in and see if that works.
August 13, 2012 12:42:58 PM

Yeah I'll see if that works. Just wanted to see if anyone had any similar problems. It isn't a massive problem. I just prefer to use the front panel and reaching around the back and replacing my speakers with headphones
!