I hate the boot - up noise!!!

jasonv

Does anyone else hate that awful noise your xbox makes when you power
it up? It was cool for the first 5 or 10 times, and bloody annoying the
subsequent 10,000 times I've turned the power on. Is there any way to
disable it?

jasonv@picknowl.com.au wrote:
> Does anyone else hate that awful noise your xbox makes when you power
> it up? It was cool for the first 5 or 10 times, and bloody annoying the
> subsequent 10,000 times I've turned the power on. Is there any way to
> disable it?

Yes, but IIRC that requires a hard modification (mod chip.)

don't turn it off then.
<jasonv@picknowl.com.au> wrote in message
> Does anyone else hate that awful noise your xbox makes when you power
> it up? It was cool for the first 5 or 10 times, and bloody annoying the
> subsequent 10,000 times I've turned the power on. Is there any way to
> disable it?

<jasonv@picknowl.com.au> wrote in message
> Does anyone else hate that awful noise your xbox makes when you power
> it up? It was cool for the first 5 or 10 times, and bloody annoying the
> subsequent 10,000 times I've turned the power on. Is there any way to
> disable it?

The mute button on the TV?

Jeremy Reaban <jer@connectria.com> spewed:
> <jasonv@picknowl.com.au> wrote in message
>> Does anyone else hate that awful noise your xbox makes when you power
>> it up? It was cool for the first 5 or 10 times, and bloody annoying
>> the subsequent 10,000 times I've turned the power on. Is there any
>> way to disable it?
>
> The mute button on the TV?

Yeah... I don't mind the noise - but I rarely hear it, because my XBOX is
piped through my 5.1 receiver thing... in order to get the XBOX to show on
the TV, I have to turn on the XBOX, then turn on the receiver, then switch
the TV into video mode - by the time all that is done, it's already finished
with "that awful noise" :)

--
Visit My Site: http://www.rubbertoe.com

>Does anyone else hate that awful noise your xbox makes when you power
>it up?

It's not as annoying as the Halo 2 bootup guitar riff.

<Mitch@this_is_not_a_real_address.com> wrote in message

>>Does anyone else hate that awful noise your xbox makes when you power
>>it up?
>
> It's not as annoying as the Halo 2 bootup guitar riff.

Absolutely. Widdly guitar cack.