Taskbar: Any way to reorder program buttons?

I like to keep certain programs taskbar buttons in a position where I can
find them easily without having to read each button's text. Occasionally I
have to stop and restart one of these programs and the new button winds up
at the extreme right end of the taskbar instead of where it was. Is there
any way to force a reordering to recover the original layout without killing
all intervening programs?

TIA
Norm

Norm,
By taskbar buttons, do you mean those in the centre, i.e. between the Quick
Launch and the Notification area?

If so, there is a mickey mouse program named Taskbar Commander which
reorders them. It is at http://www.onlinetoolsteam.com/TaskbarCommander/ and
is freeware, I think.

If, on the other hand, you mean the buttons in the notification area, I have
also found a program which will start all programs in the same order every
time you restart.

Good Luck

"Norm Dresner" wrote:

> I like to keep certain programs taskbar buttons in a position where I can
> find them easily without having to read each button's text. Occasionally I
> have to stop and restart one of these programs and the new button winds up
> at the extreme right end of the taskbar instead of where it was. Is there
> any way to force a reordering to recover the original layout without killing
> all intervening programs?
>
> TIA
> Norm

TRENDING THREADS