Sign in with
Your question
Solved

I5 3570k, fan problem? Mobo problem? Advise?

Last response: in CPUs
August 13, 2012 2:20:56 PM

Hello all,

Currently I am running a week-ish old brand new built computer. I purchased a GTX 670 but it was DOA, so right now I am running intergrated HD 4000 graphics. As the title says I have the i5 3570k at stock speeds, with the stock cooler. Mobo - Asus p8z77-v LK. Mem Corsair Vengeance 1600 speed. Thermal master 750w power supply "smart" series.

So now to my problem. So far this week, my idle temps have been good about 30.C Ambient temps around 24C. When I game on Medieval 2 Total war, or Civ 4 (trying to keep gaming low till my graphics card arrives) it shoots to about 55.C, im not too worried about that from what I have seen online (hope those are good). But when I look at my fan speed Asus "fan xpert+" in Asus Suite, says the fan is only at 50% at those temps, or lower. Most of the time the fan runs a bit lower then Asus Suite says it should according to the "sensor". Only reason I mention all this is this morning I turned on my computer and it said "Cpu Fan error", computer wouldnt start, fan wouldnt start. I restarted the computer, fan started up, computer is running fine, but the cpu fan speeds seem off again.

Hopefully I provided enough info, can anyone recommend if I should replace something? Or ignore it as a 1 time problem? Or any other recommendation? My primary concern I guess would be, is it a smart guess my brand new stock cpu stock fan is about to die and allow my new cpu to burn up, and I should return it? As you can see I am clueless whether I should panic or not.

Thanks in advance for any help!
August 13, 2012 2:31:41 PM

ok same here for fx 8150 but is fix it go to asus suite tools fan xpert set cpu it to standard and rest of it chasis fan also set into standard u will be fine +
u said cpu fan error tell me is this problem shown on bios or u r ai suite said it its say in bios i suggest replug the 4 pin connector to another one
August 13, 2012 2:54:41 PM

It said it cpufan error at post. I went into bios like you said and set everything to standard, everything seems ok now, speeds seem a bit more uniform. Should that permanently fix the problem? The computer is basically new, and thats the only time it didn't work.
Related resources

Best solution

August 13, 2012 3:01:51 PM

if it the working fine then the problem is fix
August 13, 2012 3:05:22 PM

Thanks for the help!
August 13, 2012 3:07:17 PM

Best answer selected by ltotem.
!