Solved

HELP WITH COMPUTER BUILD

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Build
  • Components
Last response: in Components
August 13, 2012 2:42:55 PM

Hello, I am currently trying to build a pc mainly for surfing the web and checking emails. The only game i will play will be minecraft and i already have the his radeon 4850 graphics card. I want to use the AMD Athlon II X4 631 Quad-Core cpu and a motherboard that supports this graphics card. I need help choosing the best motherboard in my price range and along with the other components like psu, hard drives, etc.
MY BUDGET IS 250 DOLLARS. I ALREADY HAVE A NICE DISPLAY
I NEED HELP ASAP THANKS!

More about : computer build

August 13, 2012 2:45:20 PM

iil4 said:
Hello, I am currently trying to build a pc mainly for surfing the web and checking emails. The only game i will play will be minecraft and i already have the his radeon 4850 graphics card. I want to use the AMD Athlon II X4 631 Quad-Core cpu and a motherboard that supports this graphics card. I need help choosing the best motherboard in my price range and along with the other components like psu, hard drives, etc.
MY BUDGET IS 250 DOLLARS. I ALREADY HAVE A NICE DISPLAY
I NEED HELP ASAP THANKS!

m
l
August 13, 2012 3:08:08 PM

you just want the motherboard?

*EDIT* if you want the whole thing including CPU your dreaming for 250
m
l
Related resources
August 13, 2012 3:18:55 PM

everything, if its not possible then whats the best setup for under 250?
m
l
August 13, 2012 3:19:26 PM

Thats $340 and doesnt include windows

I suppose if you got a PSU that will blow up a month later, used a cardboard box as the case you may get nearer $250

*EDIT* seriously though it dont really get cheaper than the above unless you buy bad parts. You could maybe shave $20 getting a smaller HDD and if you have a friend with a desktop borrow their DVD drive to install your stuff rather than buy a DVD drive
m
l
August 13, 2012 3:23:17 PM

ok, thanks for the help but just a quick question. about how much fps would the his radeon hd4850 512mb ddr3 give me in minecraft?
m
l

Best solution

August 13, 2012 3:26:36 PM

I honestly have no idea and cant find a benchmark. I do know minecraft is CPU bound and your likely better off getting an Intel CPU if its just this that you play or if you want AMD get a Phenom II on an AM3+ motherboard its alot stronger than a crippled llano (that athlon).
August 13, 2012 3:29:47 PM

Best answer selected by iil4.
m
l
!