Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Admiral Badge Overboard!!!

Last response: in Forum Feedback
April 13, 2012 3:49:18 PM

Greetings,

Recently, I received a message indicating I was awarded the Admiral Badge (see below). The badge appears on my profile at Tom's Guides, but not in my Tom's Hardware profile. Same thing happened a few months ago with the Chief of the Watch badge (which now appears).

While it isn't a big deal, there seems to be a disconnect in the awards/badging system that I wanted to bring to the attention of the mods/admins.

Thanks and have a HOOAH Tom's day!!!

Hugs and kisses,
COLGeek

Hello COLGeek,
you have been granted the Admiral badge. The requirement for this badge is as follows:

Requires to have been a member for 3 years.

To learn more about your badges, see http://www.tomshardware.com/membre [...] playBadges
To access your public profile page, click http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/profile-409924.htm

Congratulations!
The Tom's Hardware team

April 14, 2012 5:45:54 AM

I passed the two year mark last month with no note of the occasion from Tom's. Something is definitely adrift in that part of the system but I suspect very few new posters check other members' history to see whether they're advice is valid or not.

April 15, 2012 12:22:55 AM

Captain < Same issue with my Capt. badge.
April 16, 2012 2:28:01 AM

I have the same issue with my Admiral badge, as well.. Got the notice from Tom's but never got the badge :( 
April 16, 2012 5:50:42 PM

Have reported this to the development team. Hopefully they are able to get to the bottom of it.
April 18, 2012 9:47:51 AM

I recently had a similar problem with my Lieutenant badge. It's in Tom's Guide.
April 20, 2012 5:22:15 AM

SR-71 Blackbird said:
It's in TG ^

Same here, as Area51 - Capt's Badge in Tom's guide for some reason.
June 12, 2013 7:17:12 AM

The "Admiral" badge was replaced with "Ancient", which you now are and display the badge proudly in your profile.
June 12, 2013 9:02:13 PM

thx for the badge

why don't the badge icon show on any of my post/reply's i only see the name of badge
June 12, 2013 9:06:16 PM

Badges only show under your avatar when the thread in question is tagged appropriately with the related badge tag. IE - Windows 8 Expert badge will show when you are in a thread that is tagged with Windows 8.

Hope this answers your question!
June 12, 2013 9:29:46 PM

ok how do i get the image code of the badge, i right click do get me the option to save as image,,,

so u r saying i need to use IE? if thats the case then i wont even bother messing with badge image anymore. i dislike IE broswer and wont use it
June 13, 2013 12:02:11 AM

I don't think Joe was referring to Internet Explorer but to the Latin abbreviation for id est which means in English, that is. He will doubtless correct me if I'm wrong.
June 13, 2013 6:58:27 AM

Saga Lout is correct, and my apologies for reverting to Latin. IE in this context means "example given".
June 13, 2013 8:16:17 AM

One might almost say exempli gratia, Joe.
June 14, 2013 7:25:33 AM

Qui tacet consentire videtur. Or would it be qui nolo tacet in this case? :p 
July 11, 2013 2:46:09 AM

ok i thank u all for the info/help
!