Modifying change password dialog box

Hi

I am working in a simplified sign on project. This project had to change the
AD password policy in order to comply with the updated corporate standard. A
question has been raised if it is possible to modify the change password
dialog box in Windows XP / 2000 and add a text description of the new
password policy in the interface.

--
Regards
Magnus Kirkerud

Magnus Kirkerud wrote:

> I am working in a simplified sign on project. This project had to
> change the AD password policy in order to comply with the updated
> corporate standard. A question has been raised if it is possible
> to modify the change password dialog box in Windows XP / 2000 and
> add a text description of the new password policy in the interface.

Hei Magnus,

You will need to write your own gina dll (that replaces MSGina.dll)
to be able to do that:

Platform SDK: Authentication
Winlogon and GINA
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/secauthn/security/winlogon_and_gina.asp

(ref. NWGina.dll if you have used the Novell Netware client, it has
a modified logon and change password interface)