New 2200$ Build

Approximate Purchase Date: May 1 2012

Budget Range: 2000-2200

System Usage from Most to Least Important: WOW, Rift, BF3, Analisying Chess games with an Engine

Parts Not Required: Monitor

Preferred Website(s) for Parts:Newegg

Country: USA

Parts Preferences: i7 3770K Ivy Bridge, SSD 120 (240g if Budget allowed it), 680 GTX or 7970 (no sure here)

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: No

Monitor Resolution:1920x1080

Additional Comments: I like a Quiet PC, I do not like Water Cooling, had a bad experience on my previus Build.
13 answers Last reply
More about 2200 build
  1. ok here is what I have gather so far

    Case NZXT Phantom 139.99
    PSU Corsair TX750 104.99
    Motherboard AS ROCk Extreme6 169.99
    CPU i5 3550k 249.99 (I7 was sold out, what a shame)
    Memory Corsair Vengance 16GB 4x4 1600 134.99
    CPUCooler Noctua NH D-14 104.99 (almost as expensive as the CPU heh)
    SSD The OCZ Agility 3 is on super deal for 99.99 120GB
    Data HardDrive Seagate Barracuda 2TB 64MB cache 7200 RPM 119.99
    Video Card MSI 7970 only 469.99 amazing, this Video card was 100$ more last month
    OS Windows 7 Professional OEM (comes with free antivirus) 139.99


    with Tax and Shipping I Am at 1750.00 so I have another 450 to add blue ray burner, DVD reader, and anything I am missing, or to improve my build.

    any Thoughs?


    Case http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146068
    PSU http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139021
    Motherboard http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157295
    CPU http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116504
    Memory http://www.newegg.com/Shopping/ShoppingItem.aspx?ItemList=N82E16820233239
    CPU Cooler http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608018
    SSD http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227726
    HardDrive http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148834
    Video Card http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127645
  2. Thats a solid build. i would personally go with the 680 but that's personal preference.

    I can 't imagine what more you'd want. the CPU cooler is spendy to say the least. I have the thermaltake FRIO, keeps my system cool but i thought that was expensive at 45.
  3. mojorisin23 said:
    Thats a solid build. i would personally go with the 680 but that's personal preference.

    I can 't imagine what more you'd want. the CPU cooler is spendy to say the least. I have the thermaltake FRIO, keeps my system cool but i thought that was expensive at 45.


    I honestly want 680 GTX and i7 3770k but I cant find either
  4. http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Carbide-Series-Gaming-CC-9011012-WW/dp/B005E983JW/ref=sr_1_6?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1335759693&sr=1-6 $114.99 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping
    Corsair Carbide Series 500R Mid Tower Gaming Case CC-9011012-WW

    http://www.corsair.com/pc-cases/carbide-series-pc-case/carbide-series-500r-mid-tower-case.html <---- another look at that case

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817703036 $89.99 - $69.99 after mail-in rebate card
    PC Power and Cooling Silencer MK III 600W Modular 80PLUS Bronze Power Supply compatible with Intel Sandy Bridge Core i3 i5 i7 and AMD Phenom

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.910477 $484.98
    ASRock Z77 Performance LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

    http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=Fatal1ty%20Z77%20Performance <----- another look at that board

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103176 $69.99
    Cooler Master TPC 812 RR-T812-24PK-R1 120mm Sleeve with Dual Vertical Vapor Chamber TPC 812 CPU Cooler Compatible with latest Intel 2011/1366/1155 and AMD FM1/AM3+

    Add this fan down below to that CM cpu cooler up above for a "push - pull" effect to help bring cpu temps down even more.

    http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-BladeMaster-Silent-R4-BMBS-20PK-R0/dp/B0030DL37I/ref=sr_1_14?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1335803233&sr=1-14 $11.06 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25
    Cooler Master BladeMaster 120mm PWM High Air Flow Silent Case Fan R4-BMBS-20PK-R0

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231550 $59.99 FREE SHIPPING
    G.SKILL Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model F3-1866C9D-8GAB

    http://www.amazon.com/Sony-AD-7280S-0B-Internal-Drive-Black/dp/B0057FRTPW/ref=pd_cp_e_0 $17.99 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25
    Sony AD-7280S-0B 24x SATA Internal DVD+/-RW Drive (Black)

    http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Barracuda-3-5-Inch-Internal-ST1000DM003/dp/B005T3GRNW/ref=sr_1_6?m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1335686168&sr=1-6 $99.99 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping
    Seagate Barracuda 7200 1 TB 7200RPM SATA 6 Gb/s NCQ 64MB Cache 3.5-Inch Internal Bare Drive ST1000DM003

    http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-SSDNow-120GB-Solid-KW-S2120-4B/dp/B007B6YP9I/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1335686396&sr=1-3 $129.99 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping
    Kingston SSDNow V+200 120GB SATA III 6Gb/s 2.5 Inch Solid State Drive KW-S2120-4B

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125422 $524.99
    GIGABYTE GV-N680OC-2GD GeForce GTX 680 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

    http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Premium-64bit-System-Builder/dp/B004Q0PT3I/ref=pd_cp_e_2 $99.99 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping
    Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit (Full) System Builder DVD 1 Pack


    http://www.frostytech.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=2654 <----- that's a review on that CM cpu h/s.

    http://www.guru3d.com/article/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-680-oc-edition-review/ <----- review w/benchmarks of that Gigabyte gtx 680 I posted.

    http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1874/ <----- review of that Kingston 120GB SSD I posted in that build.

    http://www.corsair.com/pc-cases/carbide-series-pc-case/carbide-series-500r-mid-tower-case.html <---- Click "Reviews" on the left side when you go to that link and there's like 5 pages of professional reviews on that case with links to each review.
  5. why not. does it worth it to wait for i7 and 680GTX to became available again, or should I buy the 7970 and i5 instead?
  6. chepin said:
    why not. does it worth it to wait for i7 and 680GTX to became available again, or should I buy the 7970 and i5 instead?

    Give it 7 - 10 days to see what happens.
  7. Why_Me said:
    Give it 7 - 10 days to see what happens.



    I see few websites with 680 GTX also some i7 3770k but expensive, should I forget about it, and get a 3570k clock it to 4.6 or 5.0 ghz or should I wait a few more?
  8. chepin said:
    I see few websites with 680 GTX also some i7 3770k but expensive, should I forget about it, and get a 3570k clock it to 4.6 or 5.0 ghz or should I wait a few more?

    System Usage from Most to Least Important: WOW, Rift, BF3, Analisying Chess games with an Engine

    I don't see anything there that would benefit from hyper threading unless it's the chess game proggy.
  9. Why_Me said:
    System Usage from Most to Least Important: WOW, Rift, BF3, Analisying Chess games with an Engine

    I don't see anything there that would benefit from hyper threading unless it's the chess game proggy.



    Ok Why_Me and everyone else, thanks for the help and the replys

    I think I will go with the i5 or I would end up waiting so long, that next intel processor will launch
    so I will go with your build, but I want a few changes. I want a full tower case

    I love the Haf X or Ntz Phantom. but I will take a suggestion.

    for Power Supply can you recommend me a 750w I may add 2 cards

    for the CPU Cooler. I will go with the Best one available. even if I pay more. I want to overclock that I5 so I dont feel I am losing performance vs the I7
    if that is the Noctua D14 so beat it. I would pay for it

    for SSD I was thinking of a 240G I install too many crap. and most of the time don't even use it. but anyway
    and for Video card, I am reading that the 670GTX is just 4% slower than the 680GTX Cost 100$ less and is 13% faster than the 7970 sold!!

    so basicaly here would be the build

    Full Tower Case (like Haf X or Phantom)
    750w PSU (I think I can buy 2 cards now. so I may need more power)
    I5 3570k
    As Rock Performance Z77
    8GB ram Aries
    670 GTX (Maybe 2 cards if I dont go over 2200$)
    240GB SSD Agility 3 (OR?)
    windows 7 Home Premium
    DVD Burner
    Blue Ray Burner (any recommendation here)
    I want the Best Air Cooler available, with the best Fans and the best Thermal past, noise doesn't bother me


    Thanks in advance, if everything works out, I will be ordering everything today. and hopefully build it this weekend.
  10. chepin said:
    Ok Why_Me and everyone else, thanks for the help and the replys

    I think I will go with the i5 or I would end up waiting so long, that next intel processor will launch
    so I will go with your build, but I want a few changes. I want a full tower case

    I love the Haf X or Ntz Phantom. but I will take a suggestion.

    for Power Supply can you recommend me a 750w I may add 2 cards

    for the CPU Cooler. I will go with the Best one available. even if I pay more. I want to overclock that I5 so I dont feel I am losing performance vs the I7
    if that is the Noctua D14 so beat it. I would pay for it

    for SSD I was thinking of a 240G I install too many crap. and most of the time don't even use it. but anyway
    and for Video card, I am reading that the 670GTX is just 4% slower than the 680GTX Cost 100$ less and is 13% faster than the 7970 sold!!

    so basicaly here would be the build

    Full Tower Case (like Haf X or Phantom)
    750w PSU (I think I can buy 2 cards now. so I may need more power)
    I5 3570k
    As Rock Performance Z77
    8GB ram Aries
    670 GTX (Maybe 2 cards if I dont go over 2200$)
    240GB SSD Agility 3 (OR?)
    windows 7 Home Premium
    DVD Burner
    Blue Ray Burner (any recommendation here)
    I want the Best Air Cooler available, with the best Fans and the best Thermal past, noise doesn't bother me


    Thanks in advance, if everything works out, I will be ordering everything today. and hopefully build it this weekend.

    Since you say you might add another vid card in the future then this board down below is the one you want to go with.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157295 $159.99 FREE SHIPPING
    ASRock Z77 Extreme6 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

    http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=Z77%20Extreme6 <----- another look at that board along with the latest bios update

    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/z77-extreme6-z77a-gd65-z77h2-a2x,3187.html <----- That Asrock motherboard in that review done here on Toms. Notice: over clocking, temps, and power consumption on there.

    This psu down below is manufactured by Seasonic for XFX and hit a 9.6 on the Johnny Guru review.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817207016 $137.99 - $127.99 after mail-in rebate card
    XFX PRO750W XXX Edition Semi-Modular 80Plus Silver 750 Watt Power Supply

    This CM cpu h/s down below was released just less than a month ago and is a world beater atm.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103176 $69.99
    Cooler Master TPC 812 RR-T812-24PK-R1 120mm Sleeve with Dual Vertical Vapor Chamber TPC 812 CPU Cooler Compatible with latest Intel 2011/1366/1155 and AMD FM1/AM3+

    http://www.frostytech.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=2654 <----- that's a review on that h/s done with a single fan configuration

    http://www.frostytech.com/top5heatsinks.cfm <----- that's it again on Frosty Tech's Top 5.


    Add this fan down below to that CM cpu cooler up above for a "push - pull" effect to help bring cpu temps down even more. This fan (and only this fan), snaps right onto the backside of that cpu h/s up above.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103069 $11.99 FREE SHIPPING
    COOLER MASTER R4-BMBS-20PK-R0 Blade Master 120mm Case Fan
  11. Ok Thanks again guys

    this is what I have on the shopping card and about to finish the order. just a final check to make sure everything is all right

    Case Haf X http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119225
    CPU i5 3770k http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116504
    CPU Cooler http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103176
    CPU Cooler xtra fan http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103069
    Video Card Galaxy 670 GTX http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814162108
    PSU XFX 750pro XXX http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817207016
    DVD burner http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.937166
    Blue Ray Burner http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.921352
    SSD Agility 3 240GB http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227727
    HardDrive Seagate 1gb http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148840
    Memory GSkilss Ares 16GB http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231551
    Windows 7 Home Premium OEM http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116986

    2017.85 After Tax/Shippings

    if everything is OK and compatible and will fit the case, I will go ahead order that. and save 200$ more to buy that second Video Card. thanks in advance.
  12. chepin said:
    Ok Thanks again guys

    this is what I have on the shopping card and about to finish the order. just a final check to make sure everything is all right

    Case Haf X http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119225
    CPU i5 3770k http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116504
    CPU Cooler http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103176
    CPU Cooler xtra fan http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103069
    Video Card Galaxy 670 GTX http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814162108
    PSU XFX 750pro XXX http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817207016
    DVD burner http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.937166
    Blue Ray Burner http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.921352
    SSD Agility 3 240GB http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227727
    HardDrive Seagate 1gb http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148840
    Memory GSkilss Ares 16GB http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231551
    Windows 7 Home Premium OEM http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116986

    2017.85 After Tax/Shippings

    if everything is OK and compatible and will fit the case, I will go ahead order that. and save 200$ more to buy that second Video Card. thanks in advance.

    Looks good and it all works. You just need to add a board to that list and your good to go. :)
  13. hehe ok Added Extreme6 ASROCK
    and also replaced i5 for i7 as Newegg have em on stick

    2125$ After tax!! Solved cant wait to get my newest PC
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product