Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Solved

Help with finding a case with 6 USB ports?

Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Cases
  • USB
  • Components
  • Product
Last response: in Components
August 13, 2012 9:55:12 PM

Hello, I'm looking for a computer case with:
Color: Black or Black/silver or Black/grey
Type: ATX (Mid-size)
USB Ports: 6 (4 Front / 2 Back) - USB 2.0, but one or two of the USBs being 3.0 on the front would be nice too.
No LED Lights
No Fan
Cheap if possible, of course.

Thanks for any help you can give me in finding a case that fits my specifications. :) 

More about : finding case usb ports

a b ) Power supply
August 13, 2012 10:15:53 PM

hmmmm. You know you can get hubs for this sort of thing? My mobo came with 2 break out boxes - one for the card slots area, and the other for a 3.5 " bay. You could get any case and easily convert it to have support for as many USB ports as you have headers for on your motherboard.
m
l
August 14, 2012 12:26:17 AM

festerovic said:
hmmmm. You know you can get hubs for this sort of thing? My mobo came with 2 break out boxes - one for the card slots area, and the other for a 3.5 " bay. You could get any case and easily convert it to have support for as many USB ports as you have headers for on your motherboard.

Thank you for the suggestion, but I already have a USB hub. However, I have more USBs than my hub can hold (they only carry up to 4 before they require a power outlet - which I don't have any more of due to so many things already plugged in).

I suppose I could get another USB hub and plug it in if I have to, but I'd rather get a case that can sustain more of them instead.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a c 165 ) Power supply
August 14, 2012 1:10:13 AM

you have an internal or external hub?

the most i can recall off the top of my head are on the cooler master storm series. the scout has 4 - USB2 and the stryker & enforcer have 2- USB2 & 2- USB3, as do some HAF series cases.

USB connections on the back would depend on your mother board.
August 14, 2012 2:38:50 AM

Best answer selected by taylerzy.
m
l
August 14, 2012 2:40:13 AM

ct1615 said:
you have an internal or external hub?

the most i can recall off the top of my head are on the cooler master storm series. the scout has 4 - USB2 and the stryker & enforcer have 2- USB2 & 2- USB3, as do some HAF series cases.

USB connections on the back would depend on your mother board.

I have an external - I'll have to check into getting an internal USB hub, didn't know I could do that. :??:  The cooler master storm series looks like exactly what I'm looking for - thank you for your help.
m
l